Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Lone Wolf G-20 barrel (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/lone-wolf-g-20-barrel-54824/)

Gh0zt36 01-04-2012 06:49 PM

Lone Wolf G-20 barrel

2 issues :

One is the rounds arnt chambering correctly im using double tap 180 gr brass jacketed hollow points and it took three tries of racking the slide for the first round to chamber. then when I got the first round to chamber it did a second and hung up on the third.

Not very reliable it is.... is this typical for LW barrels is there a break in period?

ok second issue is the guide rod spring. for now im using the stock one until I get my EFK firedragon dual action guide rod/ spring and which step on the barrel lug is the spring supposed to sit on for normal operation? The first step where the spring ins loose and swings around when the slide is off or the second step on the lug that is actually closer to the barrel where the guide rod sits snugly and doesnt move even when the slide has been removed from the receiver?

Sorry if these are no0b concerns but as I said previously this is my first glock

Birddogyz 01-04-2012 08:45 PM

In responce to the LW Barrel, I have not used one. As for the guide rod, it should fit into the lower step towards the end of the berrel and will fit snug. Hope this helps.

Gh0zt36 01-04-2012 10:33 PM

and also is there still a ban in effect for high capacity handgun magazines for carry?

willfully armed 01-04-2012 10:36 PM

That would be subject to state law.

Afaik, only Cali has a round regulation.

I had a EFK bbl in 357 sig for mine, didn't ever have a problem, but I got it used.

Gh0zt36 01-05-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed (Post 667590)
That would be subject to state law.

Afaik, only Cali has a round regulation.

I had a EFK bbl in 357 sig for mine, didn't ever have a problem, but I got it used.

Nono I have a lone wolf barrel , the EFK is a dual action guide rod / spring system .. basically a shock for your guiderod so it reduces muzzle flip and saves the frame from getting a beating by slowing down the slide before it stops rather than the slide slamming to a stop on the frame

1stMarine 01-05-2012 02:47 AM

Sounds like you either have a bad feed ramp, or the spring in the mag isn't strong enough. Plz post pics of the barrel, and feed ramp. If you pull the slide slow and let forward slowly and it doesn't chamber you have a bad feed ramp, if it loads then your mag spring is likely too loose to force the round in when racked quickly, or operated on recoil. Also just for good measure oil it up, even the mag and see if it helps, if it does you just need to break it in some. Hope this helps.

Never Forget.

Gh0zt36 01-05-2012 08:08 AM

the gun is brand new and hasnt been fired yet .. does that matter .. so are all the mags

1stMarine 01-05-2012 10:49 AM

You probably just need to oil it and break it in some, if it keeps up though bring it to a gunsmith.

Never Forget.

lampman 01-05-2012 03:11 PM

Try different factory ammo to see if it loads in the chamber. If not get it to a gunsmith or call LW. My new Storm Lake is perfect out of the box! I don't agree with oil! It should feed properly as soon as you drop it in. You don't break in function problems !

lampman 01-05-2012 03:12 PM

I hear LW had and has tight chambers too hmmm