lone wolf barrels??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > lone wolf barrels???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #11
ET1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I own a Glock 27 and bought a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. It has been 100%. I also bought a Storm Lake 357sig conversion barrel & carry it in that caliber mostly. I carry these after market barrels daily & think that they are of good enough quality to trust my life with.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:26 AM   #12

I just got a 9mm conversion for my 23 and it works like a charm. Lone Wolf makes a great barrel.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought one so I could shoot reloaded lead in my G34.
No issues.

Mark

Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #14

Lone Wolf barrels may be OK but I can't stand that stupid cartoon that they put on them.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #15

Dropped one into a used 27 and a 22. It made groups half sized of the orginal barrels. More support of case head, and lead bullets, plated, or jacketed all do well. Very well made, and can be bought at either Cheaper than Dirt or Dillions for $95. Also bought a 9MM conversion for model 22. Along with a handful of magazines, I can have a dual caliber Model 22.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #16

I'm going to be replacing the barrel on my Glock 21 so that I can shoot some of the many 45 lead rounds I have. Is the Lone Wolf chamber so tight that it may give problems with reloads. Sometimes the bottom of the case of a reloaded 45 is larger from less support, will these types of rounds chamber in the tighter chamber of the LW barrel ?
I've bought the lee push through die to get rid of the larger base in future reloads, but have many that may cause trouble in a tighter chamber.
The reloaded rounds every once in a while need an extra push to chamber in a tight chambered Colt 45 I have.

I was going to buy a Wilson barrel, but you guys have changed my mind and saved me some $$$

Thanks, John K

Old 01-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #17

John, Not to worry of the function using the Lone Wolf barrels. I have used two of them as replacements for a Glock 22, and a Glock 27. They were drop ins, and never had a problem, or jam with either. They certainly tightened up groups a bunch over the stock barrels, without any type of malfunction. I also have a conversion 9mm barrel that has been checked for fit, but haven't had time to fire it ( Changes Glock 22 to a 9mm, when used with 9mm magazines and the conversion barrel) The LW barrels are a very good purchase for the money, and I have no experience with the other more expensive barrel makers

Old 01-28-2011, 04:40 AM   #18

This thread is so old I'm note sure who has the most interest or need for info. I'll give you my experience.

I bought a Lone Wolf 40 cal that was very well made . I didn't even mind the logo that much. The barrel was made to such tight tolerances I needed to light lightly file a few areas and corners so get smooth 'rack' going. It felt a little tight and I got a few jams when I first tried it.

The most significant problem I had was the tight chamber. With factory ammo and my reloads with Sierra bullets, I had very few problems. However my lead bullet reloads, forget it!! I keep my lead bullets stored like most people, in the factory box rolling around against each other with the lube sticking from one to another. You factor in the nicks on the bullets, the lube sometimes not set in place, and the bullets generally having a .001" +- tolerance, the loaded shell ends up about .002" oversized and the chamber just would not tolerate it.

I honed out the chamber .003" and I haven't had any problems so far. By the way after honing, the chamber was still way tighter that the factory Glock barrel. Leqd reloads a jam is ok, when I'm done, then little silver barrel goes back in the safe and the Glock barrel is dropped back in!