Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > lone wolf barrels???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default lone wolf barrels???

i have been shopping around for a aftermarket barrels and have read about lone wolf barrels in a lot of handgun mags. but when i went to find them on line they where pretty cheap compared to like bar-sto and arethey any good. im putting it in a carry gun but i do my fair share of target shooting. so should i go with the more pricey one or get the lone wolf barrel?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #2

I dropped one in my duty Glock 21 and have had no issues. It worked flawless out of the box.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #3

Dollar for dollar the Lone Wolf Glock barrels are the best value on the market. Most, but not all, of them are flawless right out of the box. One thing you should be aware of, though, is that these barrels are made in China to very tight match-grade tolerances. (More than a Glock really needs; and, personally, I think the metric to inch conversion contributes to these very tight tolerances.)

I've never heard of a: Bar-Sto, Schumann, Kart, KKM, or Jarvis barrel needing to have its chamber polished or the mouth opened up; but, I'm aware of several owners who've needed to do this with an LWD barrel.

On a range pistol I wouldn't have an objection; I can, and have, done this work myself. The LWD barrel is, both, a good value and a nice piece of steel; however, if it were my carry pistol, I'd spend the extra money and go with an impeccably made Bar-Sto Precision barrel.

In fact that's exactly what I did on both of my Glocks; and, that was, like, 10,000 flawless rounds ago.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #4

Default thanks

i got my glock used but from a gun dealer. so i have dont know whats upwith the barrel. i dont have a bore scope just going by eye. that and i dont really have a job that i can spend $200 on a barrel but $100 is not that bad for me.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #5

You're welcome!

Just for the record, I have complete confidence in the 3rd generation Glock barrels - They're about as perfect and well made as they can possibly be.

You don't need a bore scope: Hold the barrel, itself, against a sheet of white paper in bright sunlight. If you don't see any pitting in the bore, and the muzzle isn't damaged, I doubt very much that you need to go to the additional expense of purchasing an aftermarket barrel.

There are any number of reasons to go to an aftermarket barrel on a Glock. The two most common reasons are (1) to be able to shoot lead bullets and (2) to gain more chamber support. If - IF - you know how to load and use lead bullets, then, a 3rd generation Glock factory barrel can be used to safely and reliably shoot lead.

With the introduction of many 3rd generation models Glock, also, significantly tightened up the chamber mouths and reduced the amount of rebate. As far as I'm concerned the two most common reasons to purchase an aftermarket barrel for a Glock are little better than good excuses to spend more money on another barrel.

If accuracy is a concern, sit down, brace your wrists, and see what the pistol will do at various distances out to 25 yards. On any 3rd generation Glock I'd be quicker to spend additional money on better sights before I'd think about doing anything to what is (probably) an excellent factory barrel.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #6

Default 200 grain

i was reading some other threads and dont know if it would be safe to shot 200 grain xtp/jhp. i will most likely use 180 grains. its my first hands gun and im realy like 1911's so i like .45s so 230 grain is the most common. but 200 for my 10 mm is alot but small for what im used to.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #7

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine10mm View Post
i have been shopping around for a aftermarket barrels and have read about lone wolf barrels in a lot of handgun mags. but when i went to find them on line they where pretty cheap compared to like bar-sto and arethey any good. im putting it in a carry gun but i do my fair share of target shooting. so should i go with the more pricey one or get the lone wolf barrel?
I just recently purchased one for my glock 22 and it shoots fantastic, im currently bidding on a conversion for 9mm. So go with the lonewolf, only thing wrong is the bold wolf emblem on the base.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #8

Made in China = Absolute BS !

Lone Wolff barrels are 100% made in the USA

They are drop in reliable and safe to shoot reloads or lead bullets in.
They are precision CNC machined and heat treated...unlike cheap Glock factory barrels that are NOT heat treated and will KB !

You can spend more $$$....but why ?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #9

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
Made in China = Absolute BS !

Lone Wolff barrels are 100% made in the USA

They are drop in reliable and safe to shoot reloads or lead bullets in.
They are precision CNC machined and heat treated...unlike cheap Glock factory barrels that are NOT heat treated and will KB !

You can spend more $$$....but why ?
Amen! My brother.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #10

Default Wolfe

I bought a 40cal Wolfe barrel to use for practice in My Glock 32 (357 sig) and have had zero issues. I could definitely recommend them

Sig P238
Ruger SR9c
Kahr PM9