Limp wristing - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Limp wristing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 19 and P2000

I love both guns. I need another 9mm incase my Glock breaks or is sent away for repairs, etc.
I like the features of the P2000. I like the accuracy. It actually beat out Glock for USA DHS duty gun. One advantage is that I prefer the DA/SA version. I like the hammer and manual decocker. I never keep my 19C with one in the chamber. I feel much safer with the HK in my IWB holster pointed at my balls than the Glock. I'm not saying the HK is better. I like them both equally. And I know the HK can be trusted more than 90% of the 9mm's on the market. I also like selection. I like a choice in my CQB pistols. I admire the beauty and functionality of different firearms. Both guns will serve me and my shooting/duty needs. I shoot my guns too. I average around 300 rounds a week.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockshooter View Post
I love both guns. I need another 9mm incase my Glock breaks or is sent away for repairs, etc.
I like the features of the P2000. I like the accuracy. It actually beat out Glock for USA DHS duty gun. One advantage is that I prefer the DA/SA version. I like the hammer and manual decocker. I never keep my 19C with one in the chamber. I feel much safer with the HK in my IWB holster pointed at my balls than the Glock. I'm not saying the HK is better. I like them both equally. And I know the HK can be trusted more than 90% of the 9mm's on the market. I also like selection. I like a choice in my CQB pistols. I admire the beauty and functionality of different firearms. Both guns will serve me and my shooting/duty needs. I shoot my guns too. I average around 300 rounds a week.
The P2000 that DHS uses does not have the de-cocking lever; it is a DAO only weapon. The P2000 with the de-cocking lever is the civilian model. The P2000 is an “ok” weapon but I think the Glock is a superior handgun. As for the “test” and H&K and Sig Sauer beating Glock out, to me, is highly suspect as they will not release the evaluations and no one will talk about them.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #13

Default G19 vs P2000

I know that the agencies use the LEM system. I have tried it and do not like it at all. Concerning the tests. I to have only been able to scrape up a little intel.

This I do know. Sigs will not shoot through cases of +P like a Glock or HK. I have seen many cracked Sig lower recievers.

Many government contracts were taken from Glock for economic/political reasons. A bad idea to let the government dictate what you should use because of politics. The secret service for one got short stopped. They would be far better off with Glocks or Hk's. Though even these companies make better guns for certain calibers. For ex. It is known that 40 caliber Glocks are problem prone. While they shine in 9mm.

The glock also was put down due to the safety issuesLike no external safety or hammer. The agencys were not sure about striker fired guns and went with bobbed hammered guns, like sigs, and the aformentioned model HK's.

I do know that the 19 is one of the better 9mm Glock versions. I think it's perfect. When the RTF grip comes out I will absolutely get one. In the mean time I will reasearch further.

I don't see how you can say the P2000 DA/SA is an ok weapon after you owned it. It's well balanced, combat accurate, will eat up any ammo, and will fire over 30 thousand rounds of +P+ without a cleaning or malfunction. I work with the guns at my job and have seen and used guns like the XM8 and 416 that we make optics for. HK's are innovative and well made. And you are not changing my mind buddy.

I am getting the P2000 9x19 DA/SA with the hammer and rear de-cocker. I love the gun.

Yes, my Glock 19 and 19C are shooting machines. And I would hit the field with the gun any day of the week. ( my first 19 I traded for my 19C) I shot it out in two years, and it was cheaper and easier to get a new gun than get it totally refurbished.

As to a battle between them. That's for someone else. I know what they both can and can't do. They both can't let you down. They both can save your life. You can't disagree with me there.

Shoot safe...