Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Limp wristing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/limp-wristing-21189/)

Glockshooter 12-16-2009 10:10 PM

Limp wristing

:mad: There is one problem I have with my glock. If I shoot it resting one handed, or just shoot it weak handed with a unconventional grip and arm position, it will mis-feed. Now I know this is something in which all auto's suffer from...but it seems like you need to shoot the Glock with a firm double handed grasp every time. I like to tactically shoot from unconventional positions, such as lifes situations.

Has anyone else had this problem? It happens to my 19C with my 115 gr practice ammo and my 147 gr duty ammo. Are there corrections?

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe 12-16-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockshooter (Post 200448)
:mad: Are there corrections?

there r a few steps you can take.

1. throw away all your glocks
2. go to your local gun store
3. pick up a ruger ;-)

cldnt help it
GL with ur problem

Dzscubie 12-16-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe (Post 200464)

3. pick up a ruger ;-)

cldnt help it
GL with ur problem

Under no condition should you buy a Ruger they Su*k. IMO :D

Actually, I carried a Glock 17 for about 12 years and never had a problem shooting support hand only or strong hand only or from unconventional positions. Make sure you put the tang of the weapon as deep in the web of your hand as you can and keep a firm (not death) grip and you shold not have a problem. Linda (my wife) carries a Glock 19 and she hasen't had a problem with hers.

User Name 12-17-2009 03:46 AM

I carry and a G19 and shoot it frequently. Me nor my girlfriend have ever, EVER been able to make it jam or FTF or FTE.

indyfan 12-17-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe (Post 200464)

3. pick up a ruger ;-)

cldnt help it
GL with ur problem

Just don't get a Ruger P90 DC

My local dealer told me a horror story he had with the P90 DC and limp wristing. He had to go through three different Rugers P90's, all three were mis-feeding, at first he thought it was limp wristing, but it turned out to just be the model itself.

I'm not saying Rugers are bad, just watch out for the p90 dc, luckily my dealer was kind enough to tell me about that when I was looking at the Ruger P90 DC at his shop. I went with the M92FS instead.

Rentacop 12-20-2009 01:44 AM

Glockshooter :
If in doubt, replace your recoil spring with a brand new genuine Glock spring. The spring could be overly strong or weak and they weaken with age.

Glockshooter 12-20-2009 01:50 AM

Throw away!

I'll never get rid of my glock or get a ruger.

I found out that a friend put in an aftermarket recoil spring. From SpringCo. It's meant for +P+ ammo. Not regular pressure. He decided to test it in my gun w/o telling me. Took two secs and changed to original 19 spring.

My baby's shooting my 147 gr. fmj's and 147 gr. hp's like a champ now. Though I did get it to fail with a two finger hold, but seriously, just a test. Besides for safety no gun should be shot with a loose (I don't mean buisiness grip.)

Glockshooter 12-20-2009 08:21 PM

Shooting methods

It wasn't my grip...it was the Glock. Even with the standard recoil spring a loose grip will sink the ship.

I am new to glocks. I do have 15 years of tactical shooting on my side, trained by the best. The Glock will not do the things that my USP 9 Compact can. This doesn't really apply to everyday situations. I shoot both eyes open, with handguns, and rifles, in CQB situations. Everyone should learn this tactic. Especially in dangerous situations, when it's the bodies natural instinct to get tunnel vision.
Point to this is that all guns have their Achilles heal. A Glocks is unconventional shooting angles and loose grip shooting. Practice nonwithstanding my 19C is as trustworthy as any CQB pistol I have ever owned. I like it's seemlessness more than my USP, which is why I'm trading it in for a P2000 next month. The Glock 19 and P2000 in 9mm are the best plastic pistols for 9mm in the world. After a 3 million round test with +P ammo they beat out ten other companies.

I trust my Glock 19C with my life. When shot properly it will function so. As will most guns on the market.

Dzscubie 12-21-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockshooter (Post 202298)
It wasn't my grip...it was the Glock. Even with the standard recoil spring a loose grip will sink the ship.

I am new to glocks. I do have 15 years of tactical shooting on my side, trained by the best. The Glock will not do the things that my USP 9 Compact can. This doesn't really apply to everyday situations. I shoot both eyes open, with handguns, and rifles, in CQB situations. Everyone should learn this tactic. Especially in dangerous situations, when it's the bodies natural instinct to get tunnel vision.
Point to this is that all guns have their Achilles heal. A Glocks is unconventional shooting angles and loose grip shooting. Practice nonwithstanding my 19C is as trustworthy as any CQB pistol I have ever owned. I like it's seemlessness more than my USP, which is why I'm trading it in for a P2000 next month. The Glock 19 and P2000 in 9mm are the best plastic pistols for 9mm in the world. After a 3 million round test with +P ammo they beat out ten other companies.

I trust my Glock 19C with my life. When shot properly it will function so. As will most guns on the market.

The P2000 is a good gun but has its detrements also, I prefer the Glock to the P2000. I've carried the Glock for approximately 12 years and the P2000 for 5 years.. I still would take the Glock over the P2000 IMO.

Glasshartt 12-21-2009 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rentacop (Post 201929)
Glockshooter :
If in doubt, replace your recoil spring with a brand new genuine Glock spring. The spring could be overly strong or weak and they weaken with age.

Glock says to replace the recoil spring assembly every 3000 to 5000 rounds or when you begin to get peening on the slide.