Limp Wristing - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Limp Wristing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The problem is in your brother's support hand! Tell him to jam his SH up tight into the bottom of the trigger guard. Now, apply strong front-to-back pressure to the frame. Then, tell him to pull straight down and back as he fires the pistol. His gun hand, itself, should be fairly relaxed.

Your brother's other problem is that he hasn't learned how to control recoil. He's allowing the muzzle to climb, more or less, freely when he should be pulling it back down. These things happen fast; and, your proprioceptive body reflexes have to be well tune-in to what you're doing.

(So, practice!)

Your brother should stop worrying about hitting the target for awhile, and concentrate on shooting the pistol, and learning how the pistol feels when he's doing it right. Think about this formula: 60 percent of the pressure on the pistol's frame should come from the shooter's support hand; and, 40 percent of the pressure on the pistol's frame should be applied, front-to-back, by the shooter's gun hand.

As a pistol instructor I can tell you that a shooter can't actively control the pistol's muzzle AND limpwrist, all, at the same time. It's either one or the other; so, make up your mind!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 AM   #12

usual fix for that is get a girlfriend
your hand/wrist is getting tired lol

Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry View Post
Did have trouble with the Desert Eagle in .44mag a few times, though
LOL that's funny

Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3187 Times on 1808 Posts
Likes Given: 18433

Default Stove Pipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry View Post
Glocks (at least the 17, 19, 23, 26 & 27) seem to cycle no matter how you hold them -
Did have trouble with the Desert Eagle in .44mag a few times, though
I just returned from my place in N.W.Pa.Every August,we have what you might call a block party .Good food ,good company,and good local shooters.Every make,model,and caliber pistol known to man.We target and trade and the glocks perform extremely well.I give my G17 to a smallish lady to test and within 3 shots,stove pipe.I clear it and return it to her.3 shots,stove pipe ! I personally have never witness such any glitch,burp,or fart with my G17 before.I clear it,relaod,and fire off 15 rounds as fast as I can pull the triger.Not a fart.I load my G20,hand it to her,1 shot,she drops the gun,I pick it up,stove pipe!!!!!? Both guns had been fired several times by other shooters with no problems through-out the day.I just do not know?????

Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #15

Ok, dango!

Now, if this were Glock Talk I'd start a big fight by saying this; and, all the Kool-Aid drinkers would be lining up to get a piece of me; ...... but, this isn't Glock Talk; so, I can tell the truth without fear of getting hit up side the head with the internet equivalent of a, 'cyberspace garbage can'.

(Ready?)

It's not all that hard to limp wrist a Glock. This is because Glock's modified Browning lockup isn't all that strong. Most Glocks are significantly undersprung; and, the slide speeds are very fast. The reason for all of this is because of polymer frame flex and recoil harmonics issues.

Now, I'm not going to tell you how to make a Glock FTF every time because I think it's a dangerous thing to do; however, anytime I want, I can stovepipe a Glock - Any Glock!

The good news is that - because of Glock's extremely low bore axis and faster than usual slide speed - THIS RARELY HAPPENS! I already know what your lady friend was doing wrong: She was canting the pistol in her hand so that the backstrap was off-center with the heel of her hand.

(Probably more toward the thumb than the center of the hand.)

Next time this happens correct her grip and square up the pistol in her hand. The stovepiping should quickly disappear.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Glad To Be Back !

My trusty master of advice.Been gone a few weeks and it is good to back on line.Sound advice as usual G25.45 .I think her hand was just to small for the G17 and the G20, just an alfa male joke.To much gun for the little lady.It is a pleasure to get home on occasion.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Oooooops !

Ooooops on the G25.45. I meant G21.45.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #18

When my wife shoots my 23 she stovepipes it everyonce in awhile. When she shoots her 19, she is fine. Although I cant really feel a recoil difference in the two, stepping down in caliber will help in a limp wristing situation.

This is why its always important to try before you buy!

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ View Post
Is there an exercise that will help strengthen the wrist? I want to strengthen my weak hand for shooting from my weaker side.
There is,but you`ll go blind.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #20

I agree. My 100# daughter shoots mine , no problem. She doesn't have any great wrist strength , but has a good grip.