Lightning strike or phantom trigger set up?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Lightning strike or phantom trigger set up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Lightning strike or phantom trigger set up?

I was searching some performance upgrades for glocks and came across trigger systems. The two that I saw were lightning strike and phantom triggers. Which do some of you guys prefer and why? All responses are appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #2

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have a lightening in my g31, it allows you to take out slack and make your trigger crisper

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I have a lightening in my g31, it allows you to take out slack and make your trigger crisper
So would you recommend it?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #4

Yes, i would recommend it, i like it better than the factory trigger

Old 10-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #5

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

What's the cost?

A Glockworx V3 connector is the greatest single improvement I've found. Better than the lone wolf and ghost connector.

A polish of trigger components is an important improvement as well.

A lone wolf trigger-stop housing eliminates over travel, greatly improving reset.

So far, its cost me under $40.

I've also reshaped the sear surface and reshaped the striker tab.

My next improvement will be a drill and tap of the trigger bar to a 6-32 thread and inserting a 6-32x1/4" set screw to eliminate take-up.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
What's the cost?

A Glockworx V3 connector is the greatest single improvement I've found. Better than the lone wolf and ghost connector.

A lone wolf trigger-stop housing eliminates over travel, greatly improving reset.

My next improvement will be a drill and tap of the trigger bar to a 6-32 thread and inserting a 6-32x1/4" set screw to eliminate take-up.
To tell you the truth bro, i couldnt tell you how much they are, a friend of mine bought one for his glock 22 and just got me one too and installed it for me. I dont think that they are much at all though

Old 10-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
What's the cost?

Both the lightning strike and phantom triggers set ups are $99.95.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
What's the cost?

The RYG Phantom trigger is engineered with innovative features conveniently housed within the trigger pad, for the ultimate performance experience, in a sleek, seamless design.

This unique fully adjustable (drop-in) trigger is CNC machined from billet 6061 T6 aluminum and hard anodized to withstand the affects of environmental stress and chemical exposure.

The Phantom Trigger offers both pre-travel take-up and over-travel engagement adjustments, thus providing the user with optimal control and customizability. Tuning action is achieved by two opposing, conveniently located 2/56 inch adjustment screws. This quality allows the user to precisely tune the feel of the trigger to his or her preferred specifications, including desired pull weight and fore and aft travel distance.

The Phantom Trigger utilizes a distinctive, spring loaded, anatomical engagement safety, which maintains full responsiveness and reliability without ever sacrificing safety. The Phantom Trigger’s precision-machined trigger bar boasts mirror polishing on all engagement and contact surfaces. This element greatly increases the sensitivity and overall performance of the trigger.

The Phantom Trigger is compatible with all Glock calibers and size formats, and is easily installed by the consumer. The dynamic features of the Phantom Trigger allow the user to transform their stock factory Glock trigger into a highly accurate, dynamic and reliable trigger system.

Lightning Strike triggers are CNC-machined from 2024 aircraft aluminum with Rockwell 70 hardcoat. Tightly-held tolerances remove trigger slop and free movement for smooth, consistent trigger pull. Reduces length of trigger pull by 50%!! Drop-in installation; requires no modification to gun. Trigger face uses a wider trigger safety and contoured edges...easier on finger than factory trigger. Doesn't alter factory pull weight.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I put a Ghost 5lb Tactical Connector (adjustable) and a Lightning Strike Firing Pin Plunger setup in my Gen4 G26. Very sweet! Best trigger out of all my Glocks and I have a few. Highly recommended.

NRA Certified Police Firearms Instructor
Glock Advanced Armorer

Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt01
I put a Ghost 5lb Tactical Connector (adjustable) and a Lightning Strike Firing Pin Plunger setup in my Gen4 G26. Very sweet! Best trigger out of all my Glocks and I have a few. Highly recommended.
Thank you for the advice