Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Latest Glock Mishaps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The holster is the safety

Old 12-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #62

Liked 3698 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I'm no fan of the GLOCK pistol and doubt Id ever own because the ergonomics simply do not work for me... however I have shot dozens of them and other than the crapy trigger, there is nothing wrong with the design.

GLOCKS are no more dangerous than Kahrs, M&P's, XD's, or "insert striker Tupperware here"....

Does it seem like there are far more ND's with GLOCKS than with other brands? Yes it does...

But saying that this indicates a design flaw is like saying Toyota Camry's are more dangerous than Nissan Ultima's because they are involved in more accidents? Never mind that there are 10 times more Camry's on the road than Ultima's.

GLOCK's only problem is that they are a widely issued police sidearm... Meaning that there "majority" users are poorly trained street cops and those civilians who believe that a Cop contract is about anything other than politics and the lowest bidder.

The design itself is no more or less dangerous than any other semi auto pistol on the market.

Tack

Old 12-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #63

Liked 165 Times on 118 Posts

Well said. Bravo from another non-Glock owner.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #64

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Love my Glocks and it may be logical to say there are more Glock ND's because there are more Glocks. Unfortunately, logic and statistical proof can be two different things. Since I see no proof behind the statement, it is clearly an assumption. It certainly makes sense, but I want to see the real numbers.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1002 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Does it seem like there are far more ND's with GLOCKS than with other brands? Yes it does...

But saying that this indicates a design flaw is like saying Toyota Camry's are more dangerous than Nissan Ultima's because they are involved in more accidents? Never mind that there are 10 times more Camry's on the road than Ultima's.

The design itself is no more or less dangerous than any other semi auto pistol on the market.

Tack
Kinda like sayin' "more deer are killed with a thutty-thutty than any other round".

Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Kinda like sayin' "more deer are killed with a thutty-thutty than any other round".
No way man! Using a Glock is putting your life in danger. Glocks are the spawn of Satan himself! They draw themselves from the holster, float up in front of you, slowly squeeze their own trigger and BAM! They pop you RIGHT IN THE SWEET SPOT!

That's the REAL reason cops use triple retention holsters. To keep the Glocks from drawing themselves.

Why do you think NYPD had so much trouble last year? Nobody believed those guys when they said their guns just started shooting themselves. Nobody ever believes Glocks are wicked and hurt people all by themselves.

Not until this happens:

Name:  image-42400805.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  8.6 KB

The Glock in this picture even disguised itself as another gun. But as soon as it started floating in the air, the officer knew. Because only Glocks discharge when you don't want them to. All other guns know better than to shoot anything but a paper target and a bad guy.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 12-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #67

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Glocks are the spawn of Satan himself!
THAT'S A LIE!!!

I never had any children named Glock!

Old 12-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #68

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

My wife is named Terri no Glock

Old 12-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #69

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

No way man! Using a Glock is putting your life in danger. Glocks are the spawn of Satan himself! They draw themselves from the holster, float up in front of you, slowly squeeze their own trigger and BAM! They pop you RIGHT IN THE SWEET SPOT!

That's the REAL reason cops use triple retention holsters. To keep the Glocks from drawing themselves.

Why do you think NYPD had so much trouble last year? Nobody believed those guys when they said their guns just started shooting themselves. Nobody ever believes Glocks are wicked and hurt people all by themselves.

Not until this happens:

The Glock in this picture even disguised itself as another gun. But as soon as it started floating in the air, the officer knew. Because only Glocks discharge when you don't want them to. All other guns know better than to shoot anything but a paper target and a bad guy.
BwasssssHaaaaHaaaaa

That's hilarious!