Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > At last she is mine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default At last she is mine!

Men, let me tell you, i will cherish this pistol for life! As you all may or may not knew i was looking to get a G30sf around the first of the year. Today was the day...at least i woke up thinking. I called the shop i got my G23 from...no luck; had the G36 though. I went to another shop, called ahead and he said he had one. Get to the shop...$650!! and it had the engravement white which led me believe it was used!! Called another shop...no luck, had the G36 like the other. Called at least five other shops plus a pawn shop(didnt want a used one but desperate) all didnt have any!!! At this point, i was ready to say f*** it and just go shopping but i overlooked one last shop. Kyle's gun shop just 10 min from my home saved the day. I called and yes he had one for $529!! Its kinda new just being there 4 months he said but he has a lot of Glocks; 31,20,29, etc plus lots of XD's, Sigs, and Kahr's, some 1911's. I didnt think i would have so much trouble finding a G30sf. I think i found my favorite gun shop. Have anyone had trouble like that?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #2

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23 View Post
Men, let me tell you, i will cherish this pistol for life! As you all may or may not knew i was looking to get a G30sf around the first of the year. Today was the day...at least i woke up thinking. I called the shop i got my G23 from...no luck; had the G36 though. I went to another shop, called ahead and he said he had one. Get to the shop...$650!! and it had the engravement white which led me believe it was used!! Called another shop...no luck, had the G36 like the other. Called at least five other shops plus a pawn shop(didnt want a used one but desperate) all didnt have any!!! At this point, i was ready to say f*** it and just go shopping but i overlooked one last shop. Kyle's gun shop just 10 min from my home saved the day. I called and yes he had one for $529!! Its kinda new just being there 4 months
Quote:
plus lots of XD's, Sigs, and Kahr's, some 1911's.
I didnt think i would have so much trouble finding a G30sf. I think i found my favorite gun shop. Have anyone had trouble like that?
And you still bought a Clock

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 468

Quote:
Men, let me tell you, i will cherish this pistol for life! As you all may or may not knew i was looking to get a G30sf around the first of the year. Today was the day...at least i woke up thinking. I called the shop i got my G23 from...no luck; had the G36 though. I went to another shop, called ahead and he said he had one. Get to the shop...$650!! and it had the engravement white which led me believe it was used!! Called another shop...no luck, had the G36 like the other. Called at least five other shops plus a pawn shop(didnt want a used one but desperate) all didnt have any!!! At this point, i was ready to say f*** it and just go shopping but i overlooked one last shop. Kyle's gun shop just 10 min from my home saved the day. I called and yes he had one for $529!! Its kinda new just being there 4 months he said but he has a lot of Glocks; 31,20,29, etc plus lots of XD's, Sigs, and Kahr's, some 1911's. I didnt think i would have so much trouble finding a G30sf. I think i found my favorite gun shop. Have anyone had trouble like that?
Pix required for proof or it did not occur.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Pix required for proof or it did not occur.
Please explain how to upload the pics cause i surely will.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
And you still bought a Clock
I may get a xdm later but i want all glocks right now. Sigs are kinda pricey depending on what you want; he had some good deals though but not the sigs i would want.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Congrats on your new gun, welcome to the club, I'm confident your new Glock will serve you well for many years. Let us know how your range time goes!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #7

Liked 4524 Times on 2187 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Quote:
Every Single Time...

Pretty sure most of us need to fondle a gun 2 or 3 times before we A. Decide we want it and B. find the cash without the little woman knowing about it!

But then the day arrives, cash stuffed Into our sock so she won't notice the lump, we leave the house with the misses wondering what SHE did to put us in such a good mood?

A short time latter we arrive at our favorite toy store more eager than a virgin on prom night only to find the gun we held 3 weeks ago had the nerve to walk off with some other guy! Cheating little bitch!

4 to 5 stores later we find the object of our desire and once again, all is right with the world.

Now, how to get that sweet little thing to the range, cleaned, and tucked back into the safe without our OTHER sweetie being the wiser...

Yes my friend, yours is a tale as old as time.

Glad you found her on day 1! Now, just don't get caught with her!

Tack

Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

I will give it a stab! First take a digital picture of the fine weapon and transfer it from the camera to the My Picture Section of your computer.
Then go to the post section here on the FTF. You post your comments in the word section and then you will notice a picture of a paper clip above. Click on it. Then you will see Browser listed go to the My Picture section on your computer click on the picture, then click on the Open box below. You will then be sent back to the FTF Upload Box. Click Upload on it a wait! It may take a while but do not touch anything. If your file states This File is Too Big, it is too big. You will need to go back into your computer in the My Picture Section, pull up the picture right click on it and it should state Edit! Then it may state Re-size. You want to reduce the size of the picture by fiding the Resizing control. It may be found in the upper left hand part of your screen. If you can reduce your pixel size down to like 600 Pixels X 400 Pixels the FTF Website will automatically upload your picture on the second attempt. A picture that has not been re-sized can run around 3400 pixels and is too large to upload. But try the original picture first and as I stated it may take some time to upload it if it will take on the first try without going through the resizing procedures. Let us know if you have a problem. We would like to see that new Pistol!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 02-16-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Every Single Time...

Pretty sure most of us need to fondle a gun 2 or 3 times before we A. Decide we want it and B. find the cash without the little woman knowing about it!

But then the day arrives, cash stuffed Into our sock so she won't notice the lump, we leave the house with the misses wondering what SHE did to put us in such a good mood?

A short time latter we arrive at our favorite toy store more eager than a virgin on prom night only to find the gun we held 3 weeks ago had the nerve to walk off with some other guy! Cheating little bitch!

4 to 5 stores later we find the object of our desire and once again, all is right with the world.

Now, how to get that sweet little thing to the range, cleaned, and tucked back into the safe without our OTHER sweetie being the wiser...

Yes my friend, yours is a tale as old as time.

Glad you found her on day 1! Now, just don't get caught with her!

Tack
Well said, got a kick out of your post!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

imag0043.jpg sorry about the quality....took it with my EVO