To kill or not to kill. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

To kill or not to kill.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 548 Times on 329 Posts

Don't kill them detain them and call the cops . I wouldn't want him to get away and go to someone else's house and break in . But that's not saying he won't go back to his old ways when he gets out of jail either. But he mite have time to think about his actions and find a new line of work .

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #32

Liked 3938 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

I think some of you young guys in perfect health assume someone needs to be armed to kill you. I'm a little older with a bad leg and a bad heart it wouldn't take much to kill me and I damn sure can't run. So armed or not if he's in my house he's toast. If he's running away then I wouldn't worry about him. If he's dragging my wife by the hair to the door and he's got his back to me he's toast. A good reason for back shooting in my opinion.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #33

Did I say I wanted to shoot someone. No I didn't

Old 01-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4020 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD View Post
I would consider less lethal options if I had them and he didn't have a gun. But in Texas if you shoot someone you have to kill them. And I don't own a tazer lol.
You have to kill the? WTF are you talking about? That is either an ill worded post or the product of complete stupidity.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #35

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
If someone broke into your home and was unarmed what would you do.
About a year ago I was put in the situation that I thought I was going to have to make this decision.

Long story short, my dog woke me up growling at the window (which is next to our sliding glass door in the back)

Our dog is very quiet, never known to growl, but he wouldn't shut up and his hair was standing up on his back, wouldn't back down at all. I looked out the window and saw two guys standing on my back porch right by the glass door.

At the time, the only firearm I had readily available was my Shotgun (I had been showing it to a friend a few hours before I went to bed) and, for some stupid reason, I had put my "home protection" hand gun in the gun vault instead of my dresser drawer.

So anyways, I was standing in my kitchen, in the dark, with a cumbersome 12 gauge, ready for these two thugs to break into my house.

I can tell you from experience it's the single most "**** my pants" moment that i've ever experienced in my entire life (and will probably remain as such)

Luckily for me (and for them) they appeared to be running from the police, because a few minutes after all of this started going down (though it seemed like a life time) I saw a police car driving slowly through my neighborhood with his spot light going all around in between houses and what not. As the squad car got closer, they hauled ass.

But regardless, i'll never forget that feeling of pure adrenaline and that fear of "The moment has come, I may very well have to take a mans life tonight"

It was through that feeling that I gained a newer, even deeper, appreciation for our men & women in law enforcement and the military.

So to answer your question: Yes, I'd absolutely shoot them unless i was 110% sure they were unarmed and they got down on the floor and gave me no inclination that they'd try to harm me or my wife...and since that 100% assurance is unlikely to happen until 'after the fact' ... i'm afraid one of them, if not both, would have met their demise that night.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4020 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
In Texas you can use any force to defend yourself or your property anywhere you are. I don't even have to be at home to legally shoot someone that's let's say trying to steal my car or in my yard showing hostile intent that's why the question was posed
Go ahead and believe that. Your post shows incredible immaturity. Heck most of your posts in this thread show incredible immaturity.

Simply posting your original question shows incredible immaturity.

OR you are an anti-gun troll looking to bait others into posting equally immature garbage. I think this thread needs to take a nap.

Closed Thread