Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > To kill or not to kill.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 132 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD View Post
I would consider less lethal options if I had them and he didn't have a gun. But in Texas if you shoot someone you have to kill them. And I don't own a tazer lol.
Why do you think Texas is any different than any other state?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Hooah to you bro I agree with that as well. So I guess in Texas I would kill a man because of my family to make sure they don't cone back but if they were running away I wouldn't Chase them down
Only the police (or other sworn peace officers) have the authority to gun down someone who is running away. Not you or me.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03 View Post
What will you do while your are in prison for shooting someone who is no longer posing a threat to you? Once the threat is gone you do not shoot...if you do you are now the aggressor and not the victim.
O3-Marine is quite correct.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
If the intruder is moving away from me and out the door, then no.

I like my life too much to give it up just to teach a perp a lesson. I don't think I would do well in prison.
Scott is also correct. The choir is speaking. This is also what a jury of your peers would determine in their verdict.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

By Glock17OD
"You must be the self entitled know it all huh. I have dealt with guys like you before, to say I am immature is an outright reflection of your opinion and is not justified from a common question I have heard all over the place. But you go ahead and try to put me down for asking this oh so common question. Your the one who is making things personal instead of staying on topic. So whatever you think is unbecoming I don't give a crap. I am a shooter always have been, always will be. I don't know about you but I have the back bone to kill in sight any armed threat on my property. If you don't then don't take it out on my forum. If you want to act like an adult and stop with the personal attacks anytime soon that would be nice. But I'm sure you will reply to this and freak out on me. Anyway I'm gonna stick to topic while you hate"

I think the question answered by Wilfully Armed could have been answered without the personal attack, IMO. However, looking past it I am thinking that 'Wilfully armed' was suggesting that its better to look at this scenario maturely, not from just sheer reaction in the heat of the situation. Shooting a man in the back will never go down well in any court of law. That was his point and he supports it with where justifiable homicide ends and murder begins. So, in moving one I am proposing that we look at the issue and deal with the issue, not the poster.

Last edited by PrinC; 01-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

It's getting a little testy in here. Let's keep the discussion civil. What-ifs are always a great way to learn

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #27

Where I live, my classic Spanish rapier is enough to discourage anyone at the door from forcing their way in. Have you ever seen a Spanish or Mexican bull fight? It always ends with the matador skewering the bull, and this is the sword that is used. That's what would happen. There is something about 3 feet of shining sharp steel that gives would-be intruders and overly agressive door to door panhandlers pause.

rapier.jpg  

Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

Castle doctrine in my state if they are in your place of residents uninvited they are a threat. And until they are out the door they are at your mercy. My opinion I will not kill unless my life or my families life is in danger. Do you realize how hard blood is to clean up.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #29

In Texas you can use any force to defend yourself or your property anywhere you are. I don't even have to be at home to legally shoot someone that's let's say trying to steal my car or in my yard showing hostile intent that's why the question was posed

Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #30

Quote:
In Texas you can use any force to defend yourself or your property anywhere you are. I don't even have to be at home to legally shoot someone that's let's say trying to steal my car or in my yard showing hostile intent that's why the question was posed
If you really wanted to shoot someone you should have joined the Marines and put in for Iraq or Afghanistan.

Besides, if anyone invades your home in Texas its gonna be a half dozen heavily armed banditos, and you will be tied up before you can say where's my glock?

Closed Thread