To kill or not to kill. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > To kill or not to kill.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

I think your title and question reflect immaturity. This is also unbecoming of a responsible gun owner.

And any of you who believe a castle doctrine grants you a signed death warrant for Any individual in your home unwelcomed, perhaps you should research.

A castle doctrine allows you to stand and fight a threat, rather than attempt to flee. An unarmed individual, especially one who is retreating, poses no viable threat.

That's where murder begins and justifiable homicide ends.

Ask the Oklahoma pharmacist, Jerome Ersland. You'd have to visit him in prison though.
+1. Once the threat is gone.. story is closed. You have to try ur best to avoid any killing as possible. Owning a firearm doesnt mean we are allowed to kill.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

People like to talk about the castle doctrine and how much they love it, but we won't keep that right if, we as a whole, exhibit bloodthirsty behavior such as shooting a man in the back while he's trying to run away.

If someone breaks in and are unarmed, I myself will present my gun, knife, battle axe, penis, whatever I may get my hands on at the moment, and demand that they vacate immediately. If someone has FORCED their way into your home, and don't leave immediately, you have no option but to consider them a threat to you and your family. If they want to leave, I'll let them go in peace, and I'll be a good witness while talking to the police afterwards.

There will be no "held at gunpoint" going on in my home. They either will be subdued, or I'll let the police track them down later. I don't want a hostile person in my home any longer than is absolutely necessary. In my point of view, a man's back never has been, nor ever will be if I have my way, a valid target, except in the circumstance that they are dragging or carrying away a person. Possessions and things are replaceable, loved ones are not.

Yes, as was pointed out, they may come back. But the nature of criminals is a very cowardly one, and the chances of someone coming back to "finish the job" are really slim to none, especially when they've had a gun in their face once already. They know that if they come back their chances of walking out alive for a second time are almost non existent, and the regular criminal isn't out to die, they're out to make an easy buck.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #13

I would never shoot a man in his back unless it was my only chance to end a hostile situation. But my question was just to this forum to see how many of you would let someone go or shoot him. I would let then go if they tried to leave with nothing more than they came in with, if they have a gun I'm gonna shoot as soon as he shows hostile intent with that weapon. And that's that. Immaturity is not involved in this case. Just a question so deal with it or go to another thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #14

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Most of us here are much less vicious, and much more sensible than many people (like government and anti 2A) would like to believe.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

I think your title and question reflect immaturity. This is also unbecoming of a responsible gun owner.

And any of you who believe a castle doctrine grants you a signed death warrant for Any individual in your home unwelcomed, perhaps you should research.

A castle doctrine allows you to stand and fight a threat, rather than attempt to flee. An unarmed individual, especially one who is retreating, poses no viable threat.

That's where murder begins and justifiable homicide ends.

Ask the Oklahoma pharmacist, Jerome Ersland. You'd have to visit him in prison though.
You must be the self entitled know it all huh. I have dealt with guys like you before, to say I am immature is an outright reflection of your opinion and is not justified from a common question I have heard all over the place. But you go ahead and try to put me down for asking this oh so common question. Your the one who is making things personal instead of staying on topic. So whatever you think is unbecoming I don't give a crap. I am a shooter always have been, always will be. I don't know about you but I have the back bone to kill in sight any armed threat on my property. If you don't then don't take it out on my forum. If you want to act like an adult and stop with the personal attacks anytime soon that would be nice. But I'm sure you will reply to this and freak out on me. Anyway I'm gonna stick to topic while you hate

Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Most of us here are much less vicious, and much more sensible than many people (like government and anti 2A) would like to believe.
I am to bro. I would hate to have to kill a civilian to defend my home but I would if I had to. And that's all I was asking these guys lol. But the maintain objective was to put focus on the hard decision of shooting or not shooting. Not the act of doing it

Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #17

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2039

First if they get past the dog and do make it in they must have wanted something really really bad to begin with . #2 if they do make it in and decide to leave and want to get with the dog again so be it I wanna watch round 2 ,if they continue to come after warning there will be a ringing going on in my house and it wont be the phone and I felt threated for my and my families lives is all they need to know .

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #18

Liked 353 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD View Post
If someone broke into your home and was unarmed what would you do.
Pistol whip or rifle butt him.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #19

I would consider less lethal options if I had them and he didn't have a gun. But in Texas if you shoot someone you have to kill them. And I don't own a tazer lol.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #20

Liked 353 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD View Post
I would never shoot a man in his back unless it was my only chance to end a hostile situation. But my question was just to this forum to see how many of you would let someone go or shoot him. I would let then go if they tried to leave with nothing more than they came in with, if they have a gun I'm gonna shoot as soon as he shows hostile intent with that weapon. And that's that. Immaturity is not involved in this case. Just a question so deal with it or go to another thread
If you shot someone in the back it would be proof and evidence that you were not defending yourself. The D/A would probably charge you with an unlawful killing, and it could go as high as murder-2.

Closed Thread