Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   To kill or not to kill. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/kill-not-kill-54667/)

GLOCK17OD 01-03-2012 03:59 AM

To kill or not to kill.

If someone broke into your home and was unarmed what would you do.

GLOCK17OD 01-03-2012 04:00 AM

Let's say the intruder wants to run away would you let him escape or fire on him

USMC-03 01-03-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD
Let's say the intruder wants to run away would you let him escape or fire on him

What will you do while your are in prison for shooting someone who is no longer posing a threat to you? Once the threat is gone you do not shoot...if you do you are now the aggressor and not the victim.

FCross7 01-03-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC-03 (Post 666017)
What will you do while your are in prison for shooting someone who is no longer posing a threat to you? Once the threat is gone you do not shoot...if you do you are now the aggressor and not the victim.

Not in Florida or any other state that has Castle Doctrine.

I live in Florida and could legally shoot them, but wouldn't. Killing someone is about the last thing I EVER wanna do, regardless of the situation. If it can be avoided, I will do whatever is necessary to avoid it.

-Fred

ScottA 01-03-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD (Post 666001)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD (Post 666002)

If the intruder is moving away from me and out the door, then no.

I like my life too much to give it up just to teach a perp a lesson. I don't think I would do well in prison.

GLOCK17OD 01-03-2012 04:46 AM

I agree I wouldn't kill a man u.less it was the only option

lastcast 01-03-2012 04:54 AM

If the perp was in my home, it's lites out for him. No if's, and's or butts. As long as he is in my home he is a threat. NO one can tell me if I was in fear of my life. Bottom line is that he should have thought of the consequences before doing the deed.

Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

GLOCK17OD 01-03-2012 04:57 AM

Hooah to you bro I agree with that as well. So I guess in Texas I would kill a man because of my family to make sure they don't cone back but if they were running away I wouldn't Chase them down

PanBaccha 01-03-2012 05:04 AM

If intruder is unarmed and you are in complete control (and you better be),
what will be done then can only be ascertained by the moment of decision.
To me anyone who breaks into my abode is probably armed. That person
would have to lie on the floor and don't move till the cops arrive otherwise
he would be shot where he stands.

willfully armed 01-03-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD (Post 666001)

I think your title and question reflect immaturity. This is also unbecoming of a responsible gun owner.

And any of you who believe a castle doctrine grants you a signed death warrant for Any individual in your home unwelcomed, perhaps you should research.

A castle doctrine allows you to stand and fight a threat, rather than attempt to flee. An unarmed individual, especially one who is retreating, poses no viable threat.

That's where murder begins and justifiable homicide ends.

Ask the Oklahoma pharmacist, Jerome Ersland. You'd have to visit him in prison though.