Just picked up my Glock 36 - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Just picked up my Glock 36

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Congratulations on the new G-36! Field stripping a Glock is almost as easy as field stripping a Sig. First time through is a little bit challenging but after that most people can do it with their eyes closed. I suspect that if one has heavy callouses on his hands it is somewhat easier to release the slide release than it is for us callous challenged individuals who have to rely on finger nails to depress it. I'm sure that you will enjoy your new Glock.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:12 AM   #12

I hear ya, you are preaching to choir about OCD cleanliness. I have never seen an ultra sonic gun cleaner, I will have to check that out. I give it a good cleaning every time it goes to the range but every once in a while I will detail strip it and clean the crap out of it. My wife has her bubble baths, I light some candles put on some Enya and clean my gun...... just kidding about the Enya and candles though.

Detail stripping is really easy, there are a few good videos on you tube that show you how if you are comfortable with it. Just make sure you put the slide lock back with the spring in the proper place or the slide will lock back after every round fired. Found that out at the range and had to use a pen and paper clip to strip the gun and fix it.....fun!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #13

Nice choice of Guns.. I bought my G36 about a month ago myself. I have to tell you that I was somewhat skeptical about it at first.. Took it to the range, couldn't hit the broad side of that ol' barn at all. Got discouraged big time. Talked to some pro's here on this sight, along with as many people as would entertain me questions. Got a lot of tips and went back again this past week to the range. What a difference. Mulitple shots center mass with decent groups. I only have about 200 rounds thru it, but improvement is there. Recoil is very mangeable. Ammo is pretty expensive, and you need alot to get good, thats for sure.. Paul