Just picked up my Glock 36

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Just picked up my Glock 36

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just picked up my Glock 36

Ok guys, I finally have the Glock 36 neatly placed on my study table.

I need to learn how to field strip a glock, I need to shop for a decent IWB holster, some shooting glasses and ear protection. And probably a light jacket for summer...

Not sure about the laser sights, but I am looking at the Laserlyte.
Laser Gun Sight : LaserLyte : Laser Bore Sighter : Sub-Compact Laser : Universal Rail Mount : Quick Detachable Laser : Universal Rifle & Shotgun : Gun Sight Accessories : Universal Lasersight

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Last edited by wolfshead; 05-09-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3166 Times on 1798 Posts
Likes Given: 18399

Congrats on the new .45 ! I just got done polishing the barrel on mine ten minutes ago.The 36,either you love it or you hate it,I just happen to love mine. Not a big fan of lasers,all things with batteries fail. Get used to both,the sites and the laser,you never know.I prefer the nite sites.
Holsters,get a good leather one.
Field stripping,I don't know of any hand-gun easier than a Glock.
1-Drop the magazine
2-rack the slide (locked back)
3-Look into the chamber to see that there is no round in the gun.
Be absolutely sure there are no rounds in the weapon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4-Release the slide.
5-Point the gun in a safe direction "the ground" !
6-Pull the trigger.
7-Pull the slide back 1/8 of an inch while pushing down on slide lock tabs
and pull slide off.
It is very easy and all in the manual.
Good luck and be safe and a big welcome to the forum!
6-

Last edited by dango; 05-09-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #3

Thanks for the info sir!

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Congratulations on your 36! It's my primary EDC in a Don Hume 715M IWB with straps. Approx. 4:30. Very comfortable for my roly poly body.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3166 Times on 1798 Posts
Likes Given: 18399

Just wondering,have you had time to shoot that 36 yet?It does have respectable recoil but not bad at all. Be safe and enjoy it.Give us a range report when you have a chance to shoot it.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 AM   #6

The grip on the Glock 36 is perfect for my delicate "artistic" hands...so anyone who has big workman hands may not feel the Glock 36 to be a good match.

The recoil does take you by surprise, it is more of a push towards you than an upward push like the 9mm Glocks which I trained with.

One definitely needs strong forearms to keep the hand steady. The Glock 36 is surprisingly more accurate than the Glock 17 I tried earlier. The trigger pull is comfortable at 5lbs. It definitely did more damage to the target than the other guys were doing with their .40s and 9mms.

I like the weight of the 36. It is way lighter than any other handgun in its category and in its price range.

I am still waiting for my CPL so I haven't seen how well the Glock 36 gets concealed. I went to most dealers in my area and NO ONE had a holster for the 36.

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 05-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #7

Congrats on the new G36!

I have had mine for a few months and I love it. I currently use a Desantis Tuck this II IWB holster for a G26 (the 36 fits perfectly with a combat grip). I like it cuz its cheap, comfortable and adjustable.

It's already hot as hell here in Florida so I wear it @ the 4:30 position with just shorts and a T-shirt. I am a short guy with a medium frame and have no problems concealing it. Just a suggestion.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #8

I ordered the Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB and the DeSantis single mag kydex holster. I'm 6'2" 180lbs and I can't carry at work. It does get warm here in the summer time so I still have to see how it looks in summer wear. I probably will wear it at 4:30 as well from the pics I have seen. I should get my holster in 10 days. My CPL hopefully should come in 7 days if they promise it by their 30 day wait. I am thinking of investing in an ultrasonic cleaner. Not sure if there are places in Washington we can get our guns cleaned for a fee.

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #9

30 days for your CPL! That's awesome, it took almost 4 months to get mine here in Fl. Are you not allowed to clean your gun or something? why would you pay to have your gun cleaned? just curious.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #10

4 months! That would drive me insane. Oh I don't mind field stripping and cleaning my gun, its just that I know I may miss cleaning a lot of parts if I clean it manually. Ultrasonic cleaning, from what I have read is way better. I know the cops use the large tray like ultrasonic cleaners. I just have an OCD about cleaning. You should see my car!

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut