Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Just picked up my Glock 36 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/just-picked-up-my-glock-36-a-13717/)

wolfshead 05-09-2009 09:33 PM

Just picked up my Glock 36

Ok guys, I finally have the Glock 36 neatly placed on my study table.

I need to learn how to field strip a glock, I need to shop for a decent IWB holster, some shooting glasses and ear protection. And probably a light jacket for summer...

Not sure about the laser sights, but I am looking at the Laserlyte.
Laser Gun Sight : LaserLyte : Laser Bore Sighter : Sub-Compact Laser : Universal Rail Mount : Quick Detachable Laser : Universal Rifle & Shotgun : Gun Sight Accessories : Universal Lasersight

dango 05-09-2009 09:54 PM

Congrats on the new .45 ! I just got done polishing the barrel on mine ten minutes ago.The 36,either you love it or you hate it,I just happen to love mine. Not a big fan of lasers,all things with batteries fail. Get used to both,the sites and the laser,you never know.I prefer the nite sites.
Holsters,get a good leather one.
Field stripping,I don't know of any hand-gun easier than a Glock.
1-Drop the magazine
2-rack the slide (locked back)
3-Look into the chamber to see that there is no round in the gun.
Be absolutely sure there are no rounds in the weapon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4-Release the slide.
5-Point the gun in a safe direction "the ground" !
6-Pull the trigger.
7-Pull the slide back 1/8 of an inch while pushing down on slide lock tabs
and pull slide off.
It is very easy and all in the manual.
Good luck and be safe and a big welcome to the forum!;)
6-

wolfshead 05-09-2009 09:56 PM

Thanks for the info sir!

RevDerb 05-11-2009 11:48 PM

Congratulations on your 36! It's my primary EDC in a Don Hume 715M IWB with straps. Approx. 4:30. Very comfortable for my roly poly body.

dango 05-12-2009 04:38 PM

Just wondering,have you had time to shoot that 36 yet?It does have respectable recoil but not bad at all. Be safe and enjoy it.Give us a range report when you have a chance to shoot it.:)

wolfshead 05-13-2009 03:44 AM

The grip on the Glock 36 is perfect for my delicate "artistic" hands...so anyone who has big workman hands may not feel the Glock 36 to be a good match.

The recoil does take you by surprise, it is more of a push towards you than an upward push like the 9mm Glocks which I trained with.

One definitely needs strong forearms to keep the hand steady. The Glock 36 is surprisingly more accurate than the Glock 17 I tried earlier. The trigger pull is comfortable at 5lbs. It definitely did more damage to the target than the other guys were doing with their .40s and 9mms.

I like the weight of the 36. It is way lighter than any other handgun in its category and in its price range.

I am still waiting for my CPL so I haven't seen how well the Glock 36 gets concealed. I went to most dealers in my area and NO ONE had a holster for the 36.

Gentech1211 05-20-2009 04:19 PM

Congrats on the new G36!

I have had mine for a few months and I love it. I currently use a Desantis Tuck this II IWB holster for a G26 (the 36 fits perfectly with a combat grip). I like it cuz its cheap, comfortable and adjustable.

It's already hot as hell here in Florida so I wear it @ the 4:30 position with just shorts and a T-shirt. I am a short guy with a medium frame and have no problems concealing it. Just a suggestion.

wolfshead 05-21-2009 06:05 AM

I ordered the Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB and the DeSantis single mag kydex holster. I'm 6'2" 180lbs and I can't carry at work. It does get warm here in the summer time so I still have to see how it looks in summer wear. I probably will wear it at 4:30 as well from the pics I have seen. I should get my holster in 10 days. My CPL hopefully should come in 7 days if they promise it by their 30 day wait. I am thinking of investing in an ultrasonic cleaner. Not sure if there are places in Washington we can get our guns cleaned for a fee.

Gentech1211 05-21-2009 03:21 PM

30 days for your CPL! That's awesome, it took almost 4 months to get mine here in Fl. Are you not allowed to clean your gun or something? why would you pay to have your gun cleaned? just curious.

wolfshead 05-21-2009 05:17 PM

4 months! That would drive me insane. Oh I don't mind field stripping and cleaning my gun, its just that I know I may miss cleaning a lot of parts if I clean it manually. Ultrasonic cleaning, from what I have read is way better. I know the cops use the large tray like ultrasonic cleaners. I just have an OCD about cleaning. You should see my car!