Is it just me or does it seem that..... - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Is it just me or does it seem that.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

From what I've seen, Glock enthusiasts are just trying to portray what an excellent product a Glock is. However some Glock lovers also say 1911s are unreliable and bulky, which is simply not true. So 1911 lovers feel they have so go the defensive side.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #22

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
there are more Glock criticizers that love 1911's than Glock lovers that criticize 1911's? Help me to understand why, can't figure it out.
That does seem to be correct. Us 1911 KoolAid drinkers pick on the GLOCK fanboys a little more often than they pick on us.

HOWEVER! The GLOCK fanboys seem to take it WAY more personally than we do. One thing I've learned is that a sure fire way to pick a fight here (and get a week's vacation from FTF) is to insult GLOCK as combat tupperware and an unsafe piece that feels as if it were made by mattel.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #23

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its like momma always said, if you ignore them and dont let it bother you they will leave you alone.

But if you argue with them and let them know that it bothers you, they will never stop.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 05-21-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

They were abused as children.

Texas Damnit
2nd Place Medalist - SE Asia War Games (1971-72)

Old 05-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #25

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudge View Post
They were abused as children.
yah thats those 1911 fanboys it shows in there comments you nailed it on the head

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Last edited by rifleman1; 05-21-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Well in MY personal experience, i have owned one glock and it was a complete POS and their CS was pretty much useless for me. I've owned a few 1911s and each one was great. I try not to badmouth glock tho, and i don't consider myself a 1911 fanboy. But i have noticed that a large amount of glock owners do take things WAY too personally.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #27

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies View Post
Well in MY personal experience, i have owned one glock and it was a complete POS and their CS was pretty much useless for me. I've owned a few 1911s and each one was great. I try not to badmouth glock tho, and i don't consider myself a 1911 fanboy. But i have noticed that a large amount of glock owners do take things WAY too personally.
i will have too disagree go back and reads all the posts on the thread and on the other ongoing thread and you will see a minimum of two to one comments 1911 fans taking the bulk.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6021 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
HOWEVER! The GLOCK fanboys seem to take it WAY more personally than we do. One thing I've learned is that a sure fire way to pick a fight here (and get a week's vacation from FTF) is to insult GLOCK as combat tupperware and an unsafe piece that feels as if it were made by mattel.
ive spanked just as many glock haters as glock lovers. you get the vacation package if the argument turns into a he/she said personal insult warfare. no one gets sat for expressing a coherent argument.

call someone a goat luvin teacher union type cuz they like brand X you get to take a break

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #29

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1

i will have too disagree go back and reads all the posts on the thread and on the other ongoing thread and you will see a minimum of two to one comments 1911 fans taking the bulk.
You have to keep in mind though that on that other thread, glock fans went and poached on the 1911 forum, can't blame them for getting defensive.

And i'm talking about real life, not the interweb. Again, in MY experience glock fans will lose their effing mind if you just say that you don't like glocks. 1911 owners tend to just shake their head, say a word or two, and walk away.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

Ford vs. Chevy

Same, same

Texas Damnit
2nd Place Medalist - SE Asia War Games (1971-72)