Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   It Just Keeps Getting Better For Glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/just-keeps-getting-better-glock-32300/)

billt 09-27-2010 08:17 PM

It Just Keeps Getting Better For Glock
 
Glock sales skyrocket - Atlanta Business Chronicle

They just keep on rolling! Bill T.

Jpyle 09-27-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billt (Post 358470)
Glock sales skyrocket - Atlanta Business Chronicle

They just keep on rolling! Bill T.

Not to dig on Glock or to put to fine a point on it but haven't sales of anything with a trigger skyrocketed in the last 2 years.

billt 09-27-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 358477)
Not to dig on Glock or to put to fine a point on it but haven't sales of anything with a trigger skyrocketed in the last 2 years.

To a point they did just after the election, but people soon ran out of money and credit, and sales have fallen flat. I use Cabela's as a sales barometer because they move a lot of firearms, or used to. Not anymore. Sales are very sluggish. The Hussein fear factor has died off. People are more concerned about losing their homes than they are about buying guns.

With that said Glock's continue to move like hotcakes. They are affordable, accurate, easy to operate, as well as very concealable. A 70% sales increase in this economy says a lot. Glock has exceeded that. Many gun companies are in trouble. Bill T.

M14sRock 09-28-2010 01:00 AM

I posted it in another thread, but will do it again here.

ATF just chose Gen4 G22's for their issue weapon. They put out a competitive bid to all the manufacturers, and did a 20,000 rd torture test. The Gen 4 G22 won, hands down.

I'm not even a .40S&W fan, but that's a hell of a testing regimen.

spittinfire 09-28-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 358664)
I posted it in another thread, but will do it again here.

ATF just chose Gen4 G22's for their issue weapon. They put out a competitive bid to all the manufacturers, and did a 20,000 rd torture test. The Gen 4 G22 won, hands down.

I'm not even a .40S&W fan, but that's a hell of a testing regimen.

I'd like to see the details of that test.

billt 09-28-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 358477)
Not to dig on Glock or to put to fine a point on it but haven't sales of anything with a trigger skyrocketed in the last 2 years.

This better answers that question, and puts everything into proportion. Bill T.

Gun Sales Go Soft As U.S. Economy Improves, Fears Subside - DailyFinance

M14sRock 09-28-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 358892)
I'd like to see the details of that test.

I read the article on The Shooting Wire. I'm sure it is avail. Will look for it.

M14sRock 09-28-2010 02:02 PM

Here is the link to The Shooting Wire story (I hope).

Shooting Wire

I'm sure the details of the testing are posted somewhere.

FCross7 09-28-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWGaryM (Post 358954)
I can also find links on Google saying Michael Jackson is still alive, Big Foot was spotted in Canada, a UFO landed in Washington DC and Michelle Obama isn't angry.

lol

-Fred

amoroque 09-28-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWGaryM (Post 358508)
+ 1,000,000

Barack Hessein Obama; gun salesman of the decade.

ha ha ha ha I love that poster!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.