Just got a Glock 17 & have questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Just got a Glock 17 & have questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default for info:?

for like info
I too; have Glocks

A Critical Look at the Glock 17

Can a glock 17 handle 9mm +P rounds? - Yahoo! Answers

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Straight from the Glock Armorer's Manual -> GLOCK pistols are designed to be fired with NATO specification ammunition. GLOCK pistols will function properly with the new generation of 9x19mm FMJ ammunition including all +p+ and 147 grain subsonic ammunition. Hand Loaded, reloaded and re-manufactured ammunition voids the GLOCK Factory Warranty. <-

Which means, shoot factory new, full metal jacket (FMJ) ammo, and you will be fine. Non Jacketed lead bullets should be avoided due to the GLOCK barrel design.

Last edited by 1911Jeeper; 10-16-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #13

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

For target ammo your glock will shoot anything. Go with cheap stuff at Walmart.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Elvis,

If you can't provide useful information, don't start bashing. that is not the point of this thread.
I'm not bashing Glocks or any brand. I am asking a question about them. If you read the posts above mine you will see a couple members saying they are not rated for +P ammo. I am asking if it is true. I have never heard that. I have heard from several people I have talked to, read on other forums and read here that the barrel is not good for reloads but I have never heard anything saying they can not handle +P loads. I am looking for information not providing information.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #15

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Dillinger already explained that many manufacturers choose to not rate their guns for +p type ammo to avoid potential legal issues. M14sRock (who knows Glocks) then stated it's fine to shoot +p through them. I don't know how this question could better be answered. Remember, your buddy Gary is no longer among us so he can't jump in and tell a mod to close the thread...

Old 10-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Dillinger already explained that many manufacturers choose to not rate their guns for +p type ammo to avoid potential legal issues. M14sRock (who knows Glocks) then stated it's fine to shoot +p through them. I don't know how this question could better be answered. Remember, your buddy Gary is no longer among us so he can't jump in and tell a mod to close the thread...
I can appreciate the input of the two members you suggested have answered the question however there are also several posts suggesting otherwise. I like to get as many answers as I can rather than to call one person the almighty expert. Not to mention, the post you commented on from M14sRock, which was a very good answer, was made long after I asked the question I asked.

I'm not at all insulting your holy Glock. I am gathering information. I do not own a Glock and most likely never will own one as I don't care for plastic guns. I am just gaining knowledge by reading as many opinions as I can. I don't much care for the plastic S&W's, Sig's, Springfield's or Taurus's either but I do like to learn why others like them. I even bought one Springfield XD just to see what the big hype was all about. That gun sits in my closet and comes out less than once a year unless my son borrows it. I'm not bashing Springfield anymore than I am Glock.

I don't care for convertible cars either. I'm not insulting convertibles or people who drive them. I just don't care for them myself.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #17

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
I'm not at all insulting your holy Glock.
This is hilarious. I don't own Glocks nor do I really care for Glocks. I was just suggesting to you that you actually READ what was posted by 2 very knowledgeable members...

Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Jeeper View Post
Straight from the Glock Armorer's Manual -> GLOCK pistols are designed to be fired with NATO specification ammunition. GLOCK pistols will function properly with the new generation of 9x19mm FMJ ammunition including all +p+ and 147 grain subsonic ammunition. Hand Loaded, reloaded and re-manufactured ammunition voids the GLOCK Factory Warranty. <-
I stand corrected and freely admit that I was not correct in my understanding that Glock did not warranty their weapon for +P rated rounds. All Apologies, as I stated, I know a lot of posts and videos around the web have shown them shooting +P without a problem, but was unsure about the warranty. Now we know for sure.

Thank you for the clear and definitive answer Jeeper!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #19

Default Google Answer

By and large; a simple ''Glock 17 shooting +p" will take you to more answers

what I posted earlier; ''has'' the answer

From Glock Armory

Dillinger: Sir; I posted while you were posting; I don't know how to delete my post

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Last edited by Neophyte1; 10-15-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Dillinger

Old 10-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #20

Just one more note. As a gunsmith, I have seen two Glocks that would never fire another round. Both had the top hood of the barral blown off. +P Ammo and no warranty. lcj