Just bought my first Glock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Just bought my first Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Just bought my first Glock

Actually bought it for my son to start USPSA shooting. Was tossing around the idea of several different models and when I saw Glock 17 on sale at MC Sports for $499, I was sold. They have the M&P9 for $489 but quite honestly the trigger felt horrible. The Glock was not spectacular but far better in stock form. I'll pick it up on Monday.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2737 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1392

books,

It will make you a fine competition gun! At first I despised the "Combat Tuperware" pistols. Being an all steel gun person! But then at the Metro we tested 7 different pistols to select our new duty pistol for the agency. Out of all 7 tested over a two month period Glock and SIG came out far on top compared to the others. Of course I wanted to select the SIG but anatomicaly with all officers the Glock scored higher. We did choos the Model 22 and 23 which is the 40 cal. and gave them a choice of one. But I must admit as much as I did not want to at the time. The whole agency improved qualification scores by 11% with the Glocks over the previous pistols. I say this because I have never fired a pistol that I can acquire and hit targets as fast and with seemingly as little effort than the Glock Pistol! And the 9mm Model 17 is an excellent choice for you due to the same benifits. The 9mm is a great choice due to lighter recoil and speed of recovery time between each shot. Great choice for competition! And with the advances in the 9mm rounds of today also a decent personal protection pistol on the side.
Good luck regarding your competition!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Gud choice i'd say--I just bought my first new in box to keep 'n use myself just yesterday--had a hard time choosing between the 17 & 19--Went with the 19 since it'll be traveling on & with me at times

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #4

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks
Actually bought it for my son to start USPSA shooting. Was tossing around the idea of several different models and when I saw Glock 17 on sale at MC Sports for $499, I was sold. They have the M&P9 for $489 but quite honestly the trigger felt horrible. The Glock was not spectacular but far better in stock form. I'll pick it up on Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Gud choice i'd say--I just bought my first new in box to keep 'n use myself just yesterday--had a hard time choosing between the 17 & 19--Went with the 19 since it'll be traveling on & with me at times
Great choices! I had a 19, great pistols!

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
Ara

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Congrats on the glock 19. Great pistol.

It was my first pistol. I put a lot of mileage on it, shoots like a champ.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #6
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1329 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Congrats on the new addition !