Joined the Glock family today... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Joined the Glock family today...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Good point on the dust cover, M14, makes sense. Thanks!

And thanks for the info on Glock's trigger action yesterday. After our discussion yesterday I did more reading and people's opinions range from SA to DA to DAO. Glock just calls it "Safe Action" which is fine since with the slide and trigger each having a part in resetting the striker it sure blurs the distinction between SA and DA.

You're right of course that the Glock trigger technically does double action work by doing the final reset of the striker and then drops it - which probably falls into the range of DAO since this happens on each and every shot, not just the first one. But since the slide must be manually racked on the first shot to "half cock" the striker, and there is no double strike capability, the operation of the Glock is closer to single action.

Guess it's "1.5" action and you round up to 2 action while I round down to 1 action. You can argue something like you're rounding to the even number and I can say that single action and "safe" action both abbreviate to SA.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

About that dust cover, that's how most Glocks are. Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #23

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

General_lee, thanks for more input on the dust cover! I guess it's doing its job of keeping out dust and derbris.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #24

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Good point on the dust cover, M14, makes sense. Thanks!

And thanks for the info on Glock's trigger action yesterday. After our discussion yesterday I did more reading and people's opinions range from SA to DA to DAO. Glock just calls it "Safe Action" which is fine since with the slide and trigger each having a part in resetting the striker it sure blurs the distinction between SA and DA.

You're right of course that the Glock trigger technically does double action work by doing the final reset of the striker and then drops it - which probably falls into the range of DAO since this happens on each and every shot, not just the first one. But since the slide must be manually racked on the first shot to "half cock" the striker, and there is no double strike capability, the operation of the Glock is closer to single action.

Guess it's "1.5" action and you round up to 2 action while I round down to 1 action. You can argue something like you're rounding to the even number and I can say that single action and "safe" action both abbreviate to SA.
The slide movement actually cams the trigger connector out of the way, allowing the trigger spring to draw the cruciform sear plate back up into position to connect with the striker.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."