Joined the Glock club!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Joined the Glock club!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Joined the Glock club!

Picked up a Glock 26 yesterday and a DeSantis Scorpion IWB holster. I am really liking the combo. Nice to carry and pretty comfortable. Put 200 rounds of WWB through it and then a mag of HPs. So far I love it! Hoping to go back and shoot it again this week.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Congrats on the new purchase!

Southpaw?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yep, i'm a southpaw! Right eye dominant too so i need more practice to be consistant in shooting. I find it difficult to shoot lefty w/ right eye compared to me shooting a rifle with my left eye open.

I swapped hands yesterday and fired a mag righty and I was more accurate, which is good to know I can shoot righty, but it feels awkward to me to do so.

More range time needed. I haven't gotten out there with the handguns lately. Going to take a couple of courses as well to learn more.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
Yep, i'm a southpaw! Right eye dominant too so i need more practice to be consistant in shooting. I find it difficult to shoot lefty w/ right eye compared to me shooting a rifle with my left eye open.

I swapped hands yesterday and fired a mag righty and I was more accurate, which is good to know I can shoot righty, but it feels awkward to me to do so.

More range time needed. I haven't gotten out there with the handguns lately. Going to take a couple of courses as well to learn more.
I have the same condition, but luckily my old man was Left/Left and caught it early on when he was teaching me to shoot. As such, I learned to shoot everything right handed, which makes everything easier.

If you can make the transition to shooting right handed, it leaves your dominant hand free for SO MUCH more stuff.

Good luck and practice a whole bunch.

JD

Old 09-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Practice a lot. Use vaseline or scotch tape across your strong eye to get used to the way everything looks with your weak eye.

I was right eye/right eye until I scraped the cornea off my right eye about 3 months ago. Now my right eye is much blurrier than the left, but it has not affected my shooting at all. Good muscle memory pays off.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Raise your right hand

Do you solemnly swear to defend the name Glock and all that it stands for? Do you promise to push your friends into buying a Glock which will in turn strengthen Glock ownership in the world?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #8

uhhmm. . . . .i do

These pretzels are makin' me thirsty. . .