Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > IWB holster for a g27?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default IWB holster for a g27?

I just purchased a g27 that I plan on carrying and am looking for a quality IWB holster to wear daily. This is my first Glock BTW and am pumped to pick it up tomorrow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #2

I just purchased a Don Hume PCCH for my Glock 19 today. From all I've heard, it's a really good leather holster, especially for someone starting out. Looks like it won't need much "break-in" time either. Good luck.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Check out the DeSantis Scorpion. It's kydex IWB, and you can fit any of the Glock 9mm and 40S&W in it. I love mine and wear it every day. Usually the G19 goes along for the ride.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just purchased a Galco Summer Comfort for my G-27 from Optics Planet for $56. It is really well made and I like having the black that this one was available in to help concealment as most of my clothes are dark and the tan kind of stands out against them. I carry IWB 24/7 with either my G-36 or G-27. When it is not on my person, it is within arms length - chambered & holstered.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

High Noon Holsters

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #6

You could also consider the DeSantis "Inner Piece." Commerce Storefront B2C

It is an open muzzle design with a tail coming off from what would be the bottom of the muzzle of the gun. The tail rides at and just under the belt line and adds to stability inside the pants.

I have had mine only a little while, but I like it so far. It seems to be well made. Two things to be aware of: First, there are some web reviews saying that it is constructed rough side out - not so with mine, maybe they changed the design. Second, it has an adjustable retention device - some people swear by them, some people swear at them. I've never had one before, so ask me in a year or two. DeSantis is fairly well known and respected, though, and they use adjustable retention a lot, so I thought I would give one a try for my G26.

I agree with RevDerb about black enhancing concealment - a black holster in the deep shadows of your clothing gives less to catch the eye - but there are quite a few otherwise good designs that aren't offered in black, so you may have to decide how important that is going to be.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:08 AM   #7

A friend of mine picked up the DeSantis ProStealth Commerce Storefront B2C

She does not like leather since she is vegan and so she got this for her Glock 27.

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Tags
ccw, g27, glock 27, iwb