I've got a question for all you Glockies - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I've got a question for all you Glockies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I don't carry a glock, I carry either a 3" 1911 in colder months, always condition 1 and drawing and clicking off the safety is 2nd nature. In the warmer months I carry a Kahr, either a PM9 or P380, neither of which have any safety but carry them in a pocket holster and have no worry of accidental discharge carried in this manner. Most accidental discharge or from people stuffing guns in the belt-line or sticking them in a pocket without a proper holster. You can't protect people from themselves.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97harley View Post
I don't carry a glock, I carry either a 3" 1911 in colder months, always condition 1 and drawing and clicking off the safety is 2nd nature. In the warmer months I carry a Kahr, either a PM9 or P380, neither of which have any safety but carry them in a pocket holster and have no worry of accidental discharge carried in this manner. Most accidental discharge or from people stuffing guns in the belt-line or sticking them in a pocket without a proper holster. You can't protect people from themselves.
The main reason I even have a glock is for a nightstand gun, you can't beat 14rds of 45, nite sites and a streamlite TLR-1. I did pick up a glock 19 before the high cap ban in CT but it just sits in the safe taking it to the range every once in a while.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #53

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm no Glock fan..I really do not like them. But I can't see any use for a safety on them being the length of travel the trigger has compiled with the amount of pull to make them shoot. It would be like adding a safety to a revolver.

In reply to the OPS1st post I guess if my rifles had the same trigger system of a DA revolver or an almost DA of a Glock I would not use them. I don't use a safety on my lever guns because I can decock he trigger and it's not going to fire. I know guys that carry 1911's wit hthe hammer down or half cock and leave the safety off. Now that I find a little off. But for other reasons.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1266 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Ah. That's what I figured it was. Another person who blames injuries on a firearm instead of the person using it. Funny how you guys jump up and down and scream and holler when the gun grabbers use that same argument. Guns don't kill people, people kill people right? But hey let it be a negligent discharge because somebody couldn't keep their finger off the fricking trigger and its GLOCKs fault.

And somebody asks an intelligent question about not having an external safety on a handgun, which in my opinion has NOTHING to do with the manufacturer. (((Glock is just a popular internal safety only firearm, I'm assuming that's why the OP chose it. They are FAR from being the only people who make handguns with all internal safeties.)))

But you decide to come and talk about toothless dogs and bacon? And then say WE'RE shaking trees? Come on. If the question doesn't apply to you, then why bother answering it?

Did you even bother to read the thread before posting?

Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart. They answered the question. Nobody said Glocks were great Glocks were best Glocks were horrible or Glocks were terrible until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Thanks, Delta, I almost spit my drink on the screen.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
Thanks, Delta, I almost spit my drink on the screen.
Hey that would have been okay, therewolf's dog would have gladly licked it off since Gaston apparently keeps stealing the poor thing's bacon. I'm sure it's starving.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #56

Liked 2433 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Drum junkie pretty much hit the reason. Most rifles don't have a long trigger pul that completes the cocking of the firearm. My rifles generally are fully cocked or they are fully uncocked and they usually have a shorter and lighter trigger travel.

My rifles get carried in the field hunting and having a loaded and cocked rifle that may have a much smaller sear engagement surface that can be tripped if dropped is a large part of why a mechanical safety can be more important. The Glock has a internal striker block that prevents forward travel of the striker if it is dropped. The trigger must be pulled to allow the striker to have a clear path to travel and hit the primer.

Some single action pistols would similarly lack a means to prevent travel if dropped without a manual safety being engaged.

So, yes I carry Glocks on occasion and feel comfortable with the trigger/safety design and the method of trigger travel, and weight being heavy enough to allow safe carry. My Sig has no manual safety, it has a decocker, and carrying it with a round chambered requires the same actions as my Glock to bring it into action, however I must remember to decocker it before returning it to a holster if I have fired it, or else it has a shorter trigger travel that could cause a negligent discharge while holstering or drawing again. My 1911s also have a short, light trigger when cocked and a user must be mindful to engage the safety for this reason.

My rifles get carried with the safety on in case if a drop or stumble in the woods for the same mechanical limitations.

Those are my reasons.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #57

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb522 View Post
No, my Glock does not have an external safety. Nor does my XDM, or any of my revolvers. I do not feel this to be an issue, if the rule of finger off the trigger is followed. If the firearm has a safety, I do use it, but I never trust it.
Excellent points all, especially concerning revolvers.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #58

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Ah. That's what I figured it was. Another person who blames injuries on a firearm instead of the person using it. Funny how you guys jump up and down and scream and holler when the gun grabbers use that same argument. Guns don't kill people, people kill people right? But hey let it be a negligent discharge because somebody couldn't keep their finger off the fricking trigger and its GLOCKs fault.

And somebody asks an intelligent question about not having an external safety on a handgun, which in my opinion has NOTHING to do with the manufacturer. (((Glock is just a popular internal safety only firearm, I'm assuming that's why the OP chose it. They are FAR from being the only people who make handguns with all internal safeties.)))

But you decide to come and talk about toothless dogs and bacon? And then say WE'RE shaking trees? Come on. If the question doesn't apply to you, then why bother answering it?

Did you even bother to read the thread before posting?

Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart. They answered the question. Nobody said Glocks were great Glocks were best Glocks were horrible or Glocks were terrible until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
This is not only an excellent comeback and answer, it is also funny as hell!

Old 10-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #59

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post

This is not only an excellent comeback and answer, it is also funny as hell!
Lol oh man this is hillarious
Old 10-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Lol oh man this is hillarious
Guess I'll go ahead and drop this in my sig. Glad you guys enjoy my sense of humor! I'm flattered.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-09-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Warrior1256 Likes This