Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Issue removing pin (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/issue-removing-pin-101336/)

Rob76 12-09-2013 12:56 AM

Issue removing pin

As anyone had trouble tapping out the pin you need to back out in order to change out the slide stop on a G26? I can't get that damn pin out and kind of afraid to hit it any harder then I already have with the punch.

ctshooter 12-09-2013 01:31 AM

Did you try going from both sides? Sometimes they can be particular about which way they go.

Kraj 12-09-2013 07:17 AM

There is a notch to lock the slide stop in place. Move that around as you drive out the pin and you shod be fine. It takes a little force but if it's not moving at all stop before you bend something.

What are you using to push it?

Rob76 12-09-2013 11:31 AM

Only tried pushing pin out through the left side with a punch and small hammer. Tried moving the slide stop to relieve any pressures on the pin with no luck. I'll try pushing it through from the right then but I thought I read to push glock pins form left to right.

BillM 12-09-2013 12:18 PM

Knock out the little pin first --that will take some of the spring tension off of
the slide stop.

The slide stop need to be free to wiggle around. There are two narrow slots in the pin, the slide
stop is in one of them. Lay the gun down flat, put some hand pressure on the pin with a punch,
and push while wiggling the slide stop to line it up so it's not down in the slot. Go left to right,
if you go right to left you just have to deal with the slot on the other end too.

Kraj 12-15-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob76 (Post 1453411)
Only tried pushing pin out through the left side with a punch and small hammer. Tried moving the slide stop to relieve any pressures on the pin with no luck. I'll try pushing it through from the right then but I thought I read to push glock pins form left to right.

Either way would be fine, no difference. You shouldn't need a hammer though, just a punch

Mercator 12-16-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob76 (Post 1453411)

It will come out on either side. Try a little Break Free, let it stay for 10 min. Put the frame on a hard immovable surface such as a steel benchtop. Use a small steel hammer and a steel punch, and start tapping in very short controlled strokes.

My24462 12-16-2013 09:05 AM

In this video Top 5 Glock add on & installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyUqxr5lw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part of this video have a detail instruction of remove and re insert the pin.
Hope this will help.

Rob76 12-27-2013 08:24 PM

After putting bout 200 rounds through it the pin popped out after some light tapping.

AR10 01-01-2014 10:44 AM

When working on a Glock, first off, remove all hammers from the area, and throw them over your neighbors fence. Very important.

No hammers
No leather mallets
No ball peen hammers
No sledge hammers
No fireman entry axe
No 14th century battle hammers
No air hammers
No brass hammers
No plastic hammers
No paper, scissor, hammers
No MC Hammer

In short, no hammers.

It is not force, it is finesse.

Pins are removed in this order only, from left to right (as if to exit a passenger door, not exit the drivers door) USA cars lol

Locking Block Pin (armorers also call this the first pin)
Trigger Housing Pin
Trigger Pin

Replace these back in the gun, right to left (back in the passenger door side (((in America) ))) in the same order

Locking Block Pin
Trigger Housing Pin
Trigger Pin.

As the last pin out, the Trigger Pin, manipulate the Slide Stop Lever so it is moving in all directions, even directions not associated with the usual function of this part. Wiggle the Slide Stop Lever all over the place, as you push on the pin, with the Glock take down punch. Finesse remember.

The Trigger Pin will then come out, without the use of force.

As mentioned, never never never never hammer on a Glock. NEVER !