Indecicive
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Indecicive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Indecicive

I'm trying to decide on my first Glock. I plan on using it for a CCW, home protection, and just going shooting. Kind of an all purpose firearm. I'm leaning towards a G23 gen4. Does anyone have any suggestions or things I should consider before I plunk down my hard earned cash? I know I need to try some out. I just want to hear any suggestions that you all have. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #2

Liked 1001 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

The 23Gen4 is great, I love mine. But it could be a little big for every day CCW. Definitely consider the G27 for CCW, plus you can get a mag sleeve on a G23 mag and almost have both guns in one.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #3

I personally carry my G23 daily without any issue. I've carried main other makes and models, but for me the G23 better fits my needs than any others.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4

Would there be much of an accuracy difference between the 23 and 27 since the 27 has a shorter barrel? I'm sure both will be more accurate than I can shoot for now seeing that it will be my first firearm. I will definitely have to do a bit of practicing.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #5

Very little accuracy loss with the G27. Personally, like SGTMAC26, I like the G23 better as an overall choice but was pointing out for CCW you might want to look at the G27. I have both and it's hard to decide which I'd choose if I could only have one. The Gen 4 G23 fits just right while the G27 is a little easier to conceal.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #6

That's what I'm struggling with. The 23 feels perfect to me.but the 27 will conceal better. If I got the 23 I might be more inclined to leave it at home sometimes. Maybe I will need to eventually have both. Thanks guys.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #7

Yeah at first I thought I could get by with the G23 but ended up getting a G27 as well. And I have a really old G22. It's hard to have just one!

______

Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangBOSS9
Would there be much of an accuracy difference between the 23 and 27 since the 27 has a shorter barrel? I'm sure both will be more accurate than I can shoot for now seeing that it will be my first firearm. I will definitely have to do a bit of practicing.
I'm actually more accurate with my G27 than I am with my G17, which is full size. Granted the G17 is 9mm, but don't think that makes a difference for accuracy comparison. Point being that I can keep a 2" grouping at 30' with the G27.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I don't have a problem CCW with a G23. I rotate it with my G27 and S&W 586. No issues with any of them. And I feel the 23 would work well for HD also.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yea I'm looking to pick up a glock 27 as well , I have the
Gen4 23 as well like many say you can't have too many lol