Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Im puzzled (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/im-puzzled-92878/)

Glockpotion23 06-25-2013 04:13 PM

Im puzzled

Hey guys, a little baffled here. I went to the range this morning and shot my G30SF. I haven't shot in quite a while but, I did pretty good, box of 50 had 7 flyers the rest pretty nice group for me. Anyway, I don't know why I shoot my 30 better than my 23? I had my 23 way longer and shot more rounds through her. This is only like my 3rd or 4th trip with the 30 but, I find that I have better grouping with the 30. Could it be the caliber?

derpie 06-27-2013 03:46 AM

Maybe the dual recoil spring absorbing more of the recoil , at least that my theory.

FrontierTCB 06-27-2013 12:57 PM

I would say it is the caliber. Most people that shoot .40 have only one complaint, and that is the "snappy" recoil. This is of course magnified in a polymer sub compact pistol.

The .45 is of course a larger round but generally moves at a much slower velocity. I would say that most people would probably find it easier to shoot accurately.

That being said I don't own a Glock in .45 but I do have several in .40 including a 27 I've had for many years. I am more accurate with my 22 and 35. The 27 can be a handful but it can also be shot accurately if you practice enough with it,

yogiboobooranger 06-27-2013 01:44 PM

This will sound strange to you but the fact of the matter is the .40 recoil causes the snap and slight twist of the gun when fired. The .45, as said before me, is a slower round. Its recoil is more of a push back into the hand and thus easier to get back on target. I also would say, you may be anticipating the .40 recoil and its unpleasantness. With the .45, no anticipation. Only guessing here :)! Practice with the .40 will improve your shooting. One thing to do is to have someone load your mags with dummy rounds mixed in with live. Your flinching will become very obvious here.

robocop10mm 06-27-2013 10:50 PM

The only disadvantage to a short barreled pistol is sight radius. The barrel of the 30 is relatively stiffer than a G-21. Relative stiffness is increased by shortening a barrel.

I had a Colt Officer's Model .45 that was a tack driver.

danolator 06-30-2013 07:18 AM

I just got a 30 and was as accurate in my groupings right out of the box as I am with my G22 which I've had for awhile now. Because of the way the guns recoil, getting follow-up shots on target seems easier with the .45.

Glockpotion23 07-02-2013 10:00 PM

Thanks everyone for ya input:)

Glockpotion23 07-02-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrontierTCB (Post 1288317)
I would say it is the caliber. Most people that shoot .40 have only one complaint, and that is the "snappy" recoil. This is of course magnified in a polymer sub compact pistol.

The .45 is of course a larger round but generally moves at a much slower velocity. I would say that most people would probably find it easier to shoot accurately.

That being said I don't own a Glock in .45 but I do have several in .40 including a 27 I've had for many years. I am more accurate with my 22 and 35. The 27 can be a handful but it can also be shot accurately if you practice enough with it,

ie...hickok45