I'm new to glock - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I'm new to glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I'm 2000 reloads in and it works like new no Jams or nothing they are FMJ and 180grain .40cal nothing wrong with them I do disagree with cast lead bullets in glocks actually in any gun cuz they are dirty unreliable and not as good of a round if u have a really old gun that was made for lead sure shoot lead but anything new I say no 2 lead reloads
( no 2 lead reloads are alike)

Old 08-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My past experiences with commercial reloads I purchased at gun shows in 1000 round lots has shown some rounds that were under loaded to the point you could feel the difference in power between them. That was back when I shot a revolver. A round could just as easily be "Over loaded" as under loaded. I won't take the chance. I have even found one or two rounds out of the lot that the projectile was loaded back wards in the case. Not good. I'll buy new thank you!

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-14-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock statement

I just spoke with "Dan" at the U.S.A. Glock tech support division. He stated the following.

"Anyone that uses reloads or lead bullets in a Glock pistol will not have warranty coverage from Glock for any barrel damage or damage to any other part of the pistol."

So there you have it. It's in the Glock owners manual and now you have it straight from Glock. If you do so, your on your own.

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-14-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #24

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULESKINNER
I just spoke with "Dan" at the U.S.A. Glock tech support division. He stated the following.

"Anyone that uses reloads or lead bullets in a Glock pistol will not have warranty coverage from Glock for any barrel damage or damage to any other part of the pistol."

So there you have it. It's in the Glock owners manual and now you have it straight from Glock. If you do so, your on your own.
To be fair, most gun companies say that. If some jag off messes up their reloads and ruins the gun, they don't want to eat the cost of the damage.

I personally wouldn't shoot someone else's reloads, but if I were 100% CERTAIN and proven to make capable loads, I'd have no problem using them in my Glock.

But hell, i get by on Remington UMC.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #25

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

All that means is if you try 2 make Hott load reloads your self and blow up the gun then your SOL useing sold quality reloads can't b proven by a glock professional plus if u shoot a good round reload or factory ammo then the glock will work so there is no argument ... If you are a glock fan then you know glocks work no mater what but I don't recommend lead rounds for any gun no mater what it is unless it's old and was built 2 shoot old lead rounds... Hint hint

Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If you shoot Atlanta arms ammo you shoot reloads. They reload their ammo. I have shot reloads from them and some others with no problems. I will not shoot cast bullets after what I have read. But reloads with FMJ is no problem.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey it's your weapon and your decision. I don't shoot reloads or lead through ANY of my weapons anymore, as factory new ammo does not cost so much more as to make me want to take a chance. Also I don't reload my own ammo anymore. Especially with the 40Cal Glock. The 40Cal Glock has a history of "Kabooms," most caused by idiots re-chambering the same round over and over setting the bullet back in the casing. I don't want to go to the ER to have my hand fixed or one of my eyes replaced with a marble!

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-14-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #28

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm11chad
Any suggestion on 40 ammo for defense
Hornaday Critical defense. Excellent rounds.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #29

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock

Hornaday Critical defense. Excellent rounds.
The critical duty is soooo much better. Try it out

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #30

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

The critical duty is soooo much better. Try it out
Ive heard that before. I haven't used them personally so I didn't want to recommend them. I will try them tho