Im from cali can someone tell me what "single shot exemption" means? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Im from cali can someone tell me what "single shot exemption" means?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1621 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 359

So, is returning the gun to "normal" status legal or is it, form a legal point of view, similar to changing your AK trigger group to a select fire?

California may be a beautiful place, but their prisons still have bars.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 06-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
So, is returning the gun to "normal" status legal or is it, form a legal point of view, similar to changing your AK trigger group to a select fire?

California may be a beautiful place, but their prisons still have bars.
Yes it's a legal gun and perfectly legal to restore back to full function I would be apprehensive to carry it but that's more for the lawyers that would try to hang the civil lawsuit on me or an over zealous prosecutor that might try to use it as a path to first degree charges in the event I had to use it to defend myself

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 06-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmedic964
I'd buy em while ya can. Wouldn't surprise me if they close that loophole sooner or later
And they pretty much closed down every loop hole with certifying the micro stamp law. In two years we won't be able to get a single firearm because I don't see firearm manufactures spending the money to implement one device for a single state

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #34

Liked 1079 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
The way it works is, the shop buys a standard gun and ships it in. Then takes and adds the slug mag and other parts necessary. Customer comes in picks up modified gun and stock parts. Walks out the door, turns around and brings it back to have it returned to standard. Most of the time people don't keep the single shot parts so the shop won't charge them for the parts and they can keep costs down doing these conversions. It is a ridiculous hoop to jump through but that's what happens when you have densely populated pockets of idiots scared of their own shadows
This and that microstamp thing has to be the most retarded gun laws I have heard about in a long time. Honestly, if I lived in California, I don't think I would even bother with guns......

Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3

And they pretty much closed down every loop hole with certifying the micro stamp law. In two years we won't be able to get a single firearm because I don't see firearm manufactures spending the money to implement one device for a single state
I couldn't agree more.

Always have clean socks.