Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Im from cali can someone tell me what "single shot exemption" means?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,516
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1026

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
I might be dumb but I think I'm still missing what exactly it means.

Only load one round at a time? Does that mean only one round in the chamber at a time? Cuz I thought that's generally how it worked period.

Does it mean a one round limit in the magazine? I could actually see Kalifornia doing that.

I just... really don't get it. Single shot exemption...
the magazine is basicaly a slug shaped like the mag,and the barrel is six inches in length so you can only load a single round in the chamber by hand.when you buy the gun in this configuration it is "legal" then you buy the true magazine and barrel walk out of the store covert the gun to its original configuration, walk back in the store and resale the parts you no longer need usally for the exact same price as the original parts then you are done.
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,031
Liked 859 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

Why would the gun shop want or buy the dumb parts back? They wouldn't have any need for them.

The reason for this law is obvious: Criminals, who always get their guns from gun shops, will only be able to load and fire one round, therefore only being able to shoot one person. They will then figure this is not worth it, and just not go buy the gun in the 1st place, but will return to school and get a degree instead, and become a florist. All problems Solved!! Yay!!

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,516
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1026

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Why would the gun shop want or buy the dumb parts back? They wouldn't have any need for them.

The reason for this law is obvious: Criminals, who always get their guns from gun shops, will only be able to load and fire one round, therefore only being able to shoot one person. They will then figure this is not worth it, and just not go buy the gun in the 1st place, but will return to school and get a degree instead, and become a florist. All problems Solved!! Yay!!
the buy back is for you the buyer,from what ive witnessed they are buying back the parts for the exact price you pay for the original parts basically a trade some places may just do that a straight trade.
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,031
Liked 859 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

So, I buy a Glock with the "dumb parts", leave and return, and the gun shop either buys back the dumb parts, or trades them for the parts I really want? I can only imagine that every gun comes with the dumb parts, so what does the gun shop do with a huge bin of them? Seems like they'd be worth nothing to anyone......

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,021
Liked 1681 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Default

I imagine they would be worth something to the manufacturer, or whoever it is that ships the guns to the California dealers.

__________________

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Rick1967 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,031
Liked 859 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

Why? Having by law to ship all guns to Cali with dumb parts no one wants, and then selling them the parts they do want seems like a good racket. Why would they buy back parts no one wants? The parts would be considered used, and they probably can't put them on new guns....

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,206
Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

The way it works is, the shop buys a standard gun and ships it in. Then takes and adds the slug mag and other parts necessary. Customer comes in picks up modified gun and stock parts. Walks out the door, turns around and brings it back to have it returned to standard. Most of the time people don't keep the single shot parts so the shop won't charge them for the parts and they can keep costs down doing these conversions. It is a ridiculous hoop to jump through but that's what happens when you have densely populated pockets of idiots scared of their own shadows

__________________

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Wiseman3 is offline  
rifleman1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HeatSpitta510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 140
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3
The way it works is, the shop buys a standard gun and ships it in. Then takes and adds the slug mag and other parts necessary. Customer comes in picks up modified gun and stock parts. Walks out the door, turns around and brings it back to have it returned to standard. Most of the time people don't keep the single shot parts so the shop won't charge them for the parts and they can keep costs down doing these conversions. It is a ridiculous hoop to jump through but that's what happens when you have densely populated pockets of idiots scared of their own shadows
Yup it's a dumb ass process but at the same time if you really want a gen 4 glock it's really not a big hassle ..
__________________
HeatSpitta510 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,206
Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510

Yup it's a dumb ass process but at the same time if you really want a gen 4 glock it's really not a big hassle ..
Not if you are dealing with a good shop, should only add maybe a half an hour to the whole deal
__________________

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Wiseman3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ncmedic964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I'd buy em while ya can. Wouldn't surprise me if they close that loophole sooner or later

__________________
ncmedic964 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How to "Ghost Load" or "Carrier Load" or "Float a Round" a Shotgun Amsdorf General Shotgun Discussion 19 02-21-2014 05:35 AM
"By All Means, Leave" WY rep tells Lib Letter writer Overkill0084 Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 02-26-2013 05:55 PM
Shot the IDPA "Postal" stages this morning. Rick1967 Competition Shooting 3 12-03-2012 03:37 AM
Winchester "Blind Side" Hex shot thefarmboy21 General Shotgun Discussion 9 09-25-2012 11:51 PM
What the "Badge" means ***Funny*** Jusselin The Club House 5 10-09-2009 04:02 PM