Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Im from cali can someone tell me what "single shot exemption" means? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/im-cali-can-someone-tell-me-what-single-shot-exemption-means-92417/)

HeatSpitta510 06-17-2013 05:50 AM

Im from cali can someone tell me what "single shot exemption" means?

That's the only way gen 4 glocks are sold in Cali ..what's different with the pistol?

SSGN_Doc 06-17-2013 05:57 AM

In Cali it would be almost impossible to know what the legislators mean when they write laws on guns they don't understand. Probably requires removal if any pistol grip and ability to hold a magazine with a capacity greater than one.

JeeperSC 06-17-2013 06:03 AM

Gen 4 Glocks are illegal in Cali?!?

sbeezy 06-17-2013 06:09 AM

Just looked it up. It means that the barrel has to be 6" long and a mag block has to be put in so that the gun can only be loaded one round at a time. After you buy a single shot exempt pistol you can then revert it to a regular gen4 glock. I don't understand this though. Is it just to annoy people and deter them from buying one??

HeatSpitta510 06-17-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeezy
Just looked it up. It means that the barrel has to be 6" long and a mag block has to be put in so that the gun can only be loaded one round at a time. After you buy a single shot exempt pistol you can then revert it to a regular gen4 glock. I don't understand this though. Is it just to annoy people and deter them from buying one??

Thanks,So it's real easy to convert the pistol back ..it's just a small hassle ..you can buy gen 3 glocks all day in Cali so it doesn't make sense to me...I'm not buying a glock right I was just wondering.

ncmedic964 06-17-2013 11:22 AM

Eh *shrug* gen 4 is way over rated anyway. :)

HeatSpitta510 06-17-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncmedic964
Eh *shrug* gen 4 is way over rated anyway. :)

Yup that's why I pick up my Sig P229 on fri

rifleman1 06-17-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeezy (Post 1278636)

this is excactly what it is the only + to it is it allows you to buy guns normally not allowed to buy here.

HeatSpitta510 06-17-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1

this is excactly what it is the only + to it is it allows you to buy guns normally not allowed to buy here.

One gun shop told me I could buy a gen 4 glock from them (Single shot exemption) walk out the store with it ..turn around and come back in and have them convert it back to normal ..there's no law saying that it can't be done...

sbeezy 06-17-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510

One gun shop told me I could buy a gen 4 glock from them (Single shot exemption) walk out the store with it ..turn around and come back in and have them convert it back to normal ..there's no law saying that it can't be done...

That's what I gathered as well. The website says something like "converting it back to its original form requires some tools. We can provide them of requested". So it's clearly legal. I'd just like to hear the reasoning of the politicians who thought up such a stupid, pointless law. But I'm not from California so I guess it doesn't really matter. Lol. I will however be there this week for vacation.