I was wrong about the Glock 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I was wrong about the Glock 17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default I was wrong about the Glock 17

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: My Thoughts on the Glock 17

Hope you guys enjoy this read.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #2

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Quote:
...However, last year AIM had some Glock 17 3rd gen trade ins (with night sights) for something like $380. On somewhat of a whim I thought, what the hell. So I got one...
Nice article and video! A couple weeks ago I got a full size trade in, also almost on a whim. In my case it was a G22 and at about the same price you paid I couldn't resist since it filled two holes in my collection: a Glock of any kind and the 40S&W caliber. And like you I kinda thought it would end up in the safe but I was proven wrong quick. It's already replaced my 1911 as the home defense firearm. In fact the first time at the range it won me over. Nothing wrong with my old Colt but I can't ignore that this pistol holds twice the rounds and that they still should do the job just fine.

In the store I couldn't tell if the night sights still worked but I was pleased to see they do. And they won me over quickly too. Quite an advantage in a dark house when something goes bump in the night I bet.

And now I'm rethinking my current 9mm CCW. I can see getting a G23 or possibly the G27.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I used to not be a fan of Glock, but they eventually grew on me and I bought a gen2 G17. I liked the 17 so much that I bought a gen3 G19 not long after that.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Nothing wrong with my old Colt but I can't ignore that this pistol holds twice the rounds and that they still should do the job just fine.
Yeah, I feel the same way now. Let's see, 8 rounds or 19 rounds?

Quote:
I used to not be a fan of Glock, but they eventually grew on me and I bought a gen2 G17.
Funny how that happens.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #5

I carried a G26 for almost a year, but with my big hands got tired of it and traded it off for a CZ PO1, better handgun for me. I recently bought a G17 and a G20 and the jury is still out for both of them, haven't had the weather to try them out yet, but spring was supposed to be coming and now summer..lol

NRA Life Member

Old 05-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #6

Likes Given: 1

I have a G17 and I really like the gun. I some times wish I would have a 45 over that 9mm but like you said the price of ammo is cheaper.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

G17 is my "go to" serious use pistol. I read your post through a link on another forum about two weeks ago. You are getting some good press!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #8

I am tempted to grab a g17 sometime soon. I got a G19 gen 2 a few months ago.. with x2 15 round mags.. paid $150 for it

It needed a good cleaning, but it looks as good as new now. I use tru glo sights on my glocks instead of night sights, they are extremely nice for shooting, although they do not really help in the dark.

These guns are incredibly comfortable and accurate. I may have to get a 17 soon as it would be a great range gun, and cheap to shoot.

hmm choices...

Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroman9 View Post
I am tempted to grab a g17 sometime soon. I got a G19 gen 2 a few months ago.. with x2 15 round mags.. paid $150 for it
Wow, that is quite the deal!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #10

The joys of working at a firearms store, you make a lot of connections and run into some amazing deals every once in a while