I was a winner of the Glock Ghost Trigger :)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I was a winner of the Glock Ghost Trigger :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
1911 .45ACP. . then there are others.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5721

Default I was a winner of the Glock Ghost Trigger :)

Proudly selected as winner due to by drive-by comments in the Glock section (how else could I have won a Glock kit?), and most likely because I have complained about the trigger. (come-on compare it to a 1911)

I share my complaints without solicitation or any desire of my audience. In fact some may say that I should keep this drivel to myself.

I cannot however sit idle and let those around me read in peace. and therefore, I report out on the receipt and installation of
the FTF Ghost Trigger.

I'll have to say, When my prize was announced, I was unsure what I won.
I mean ... a GHOST TRIGGER. This should be good for Invisible Zombies, I just know it.

My search on the internet left me still as confused, but I was pretty sure I was going to get a bent piece of metal. Wahooooooo!

But what I got was a chunk of bent metal and some springs.

All of these parts were called, drop-in. But no instructions.
Do do I drop them in the magazine well, or do I drop them in the chamber.

Seriously, I had to hit the web and grab the UNOFFICIAL GLOCK ARMORERS MANUAL, (pretty good stuff!)

the disassembly was clearly outlined in the free-online manual, the actual process was a piece of tiramisu, or better

Part removal was straight forward, push out a pin while jiggling the Slide Stop, then the trigger group/assembly comes out flopping and wiggling Much like pulling an overdone lobster out of the pot. Funny Parts. There is absolutely no way an average person can determine how these Glocks work, Stuff just seems to slide all over other stuff i guess. Never did find anything that looked like a Safety. Amazing those Germanic Austrians of European Descent.

The re-assembly was also incredibly easy, just like the pictures.
Well, not really, my fingers weren't as nice as those in the pictures.

The real test will be firing. (tomorrow, in the back yard perhaps?).
But dry firing certainly was much, much lighter than I recall. It took about 30 minutes to follow the instructions, show my Grandson while disassembling and reassembling. I didn't measure the before and after, but I'll believe the specs.

If someone just wants to have some fun and fully strip that radar evading frame and put some new parts in, then this is the kit.

It's hard to have more fun than this for only $20 or so. Heck. You'll even end up with a bag of parts that you will clearly mark and store somewhere for the rest of your life.

Some real highlights of this adventure included, trying to figure out why the plunger spring did not go with the parts marked plunger in the exploded diagram. Guess this is one of the secret things from Glock.

The only other thing that makes sense to me tonight is to post a copy of this over on the Liberal Forum.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Outstanding...

Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #3

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Well, congrats on winning, I'm not much of a glock guy, and even if I did own one, I probably would not be able to do what you did.

I'm excited to know how the test fire went. You should post the tightest group you get on the liberal forum!

-Matt

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

You lucky sob

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
1911 .45ACP. . then there are others.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5721

2013 UPDATE:

After a fair amount of time, I have removed the Ghost 3.5 from my Glock 17-2

Here are my observations
1. Trigger Pull substantially lightened. While this may be a good thing, I can't say that the pull was improved. Still long, not smooth.
2. 3.5 pull is TOO LIGHT for defensive carry. My son and I both agree on this. Our opinion. YMMV.
3. Glock design is not conducive to a super light trigger given the trigger IS THE SAFETY.

NOW.... If the gun were used only for range visits, and carried in a case, THE TRIGGER WOULD BE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT.

Please do not consider this to be a negative review of the product. It is a set of observations I have made for my use of this product for the way I intend to use my 17-2.

People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Jerry mickulic used a revolver with a sixteen pound pull and could shoot it and reload in competition faster than a shooter with an automatic no joke look it up

Old 09-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1233 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 532

Do yourself a favor and drop those parts in the trash can where they belong.

The Glock doesn't have a match grade trigger because it was never designed as a target pistol.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #8

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
2013 UPDATE:

After a fair amount of time, I have removed the Ghost 3.5 from my Glock 17-2

Here are my observations
1. Trigger Pull substantially lightened. While this may be a good thing, I can't say that the pull was improved. Still long, not smooth.
2. 3.5 pull is TOO LIGHT for defensive carry. My son and I both agree on this. Our opinion. YMMV.
3. Glock design is not conducive to a super light trigger given the trigger IS THE SAFETY.

NOW.... If the gun were used only for range visits, and carried in a case, THE TRIGGER WOULD BE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT.

Please do not consider this to be a negative review of the product. It is a set of observations I have made for my use of this product for the way I intend to use my 17-2.
KG7IL

Thanks for the update and evaluation,I've heard similar reports along with light primer strike when the Ghost was installed.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #9

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts

Good call on dumping the ghost trigger. We shouldnt try to make a glock what its not. It's like when people put low profile tires and big rims on full size trucks. It makes them worse at being a truck and still a poor example of a sports car.

Now, the trigger can be greatly improved with a little polishing in a few areas....aka .25 trigger job(the same effect will eventually be felt after 6,000 rds, I'm just impatient). The largest improvement and least invasive area to polish is the face of firing pin safety and the angled surface on the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety. (Just polishing!!! Do not remove metal or change the factory angles!!!)

I also use a fine tooth round file and put a slight concave in the trigger safety. I make sure that the trigger safety is fully depressed and file until it matches the face of the trigger. Again, just enough so that it will always fully engage and disengage, but not so much that it renders it useless.

These mods take the grit out of the trigger pull and makes it more comfortable to shoot during extended range sessions. Nevertheless, these mods void warranties and get Liberals anxiety levels up.

image-3952866236.jpg   image-3586542026.jpg  
Old 09-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 566 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Well done, just watch your leg.