I think.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I think.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I think.....

This weekend I'm gonna trade my sigma 9mm in on a glock 19... I know the sigma is a cheaper version of the glock but I just..... Want it... I've looked at M&Ps and XD's and the I don't the like the M&Ps much (I like my sigma better) and I've shot the XD and it was nice but there's just something that appeals to me about the glock... Other than the trigger is there much of a difference in the gun itself? (reliability, accuracy, & etc...) or am I just paying for the name

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #2

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I had a Sigma in .40 S&W and loved it but was not of a size to conceal carry. I have owned several M&P Smiths, they were reliable and accurate, but were quite ugly..I hate the grip looks and design. I have an XD compact in .45 acp, great gun, no problems with it whatsoever. I own several 1911 style handguns, so the extra grip safety on the XD does not bother me..BUT..I have always liked the looks and function of the Glock Pistol. I also like the fact that they have so few parts to function or fail. Takedown is straight forward, and the Glock is so easy to maintain. The looks and finish on the Glock are there to serve a direct purpose with no un-needed extras. If there is ever any problems with the Glock, they are ready and willing to help. SO, if it were me in your shoes, I would sell the Sigma if you have to for funds (don't trade it in, you will lose money), and then buy your Glock. You will not be disappointed in my humble opinion. My other suggestion is to try and handle the Glock first or actually rent one to shoot. You may or may not like the grip angle! Many people don't.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #3

Liked 1095 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I've never shot a XD pistol, so I can't compare. I do own a GLOCK 35 .40 and love it!! That is my EDC. The grip to me is fine, but like they say alot of people dislike. Like the previous post handle it and maybe if they rent then shoot it and see if you like it. GLOCKs are very easy to maintain. I haven't had any problems with my G35. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a G22 RMR'd and a G27 for back up.
Can't go wrong with a Glock. I had a Sigma 40VE but sold it.
I've had Sig's, Beretta, SA 1911, Nighthawk 1911 and needless to say they are all gone.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #5

Well I definitely made my mind up on the 17... I think I'm gonna get the 17 and the 21 tomorrow.... Lol I have a gun problem.....

Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

Ok guys so I got the g17 gen 4.... Is it bad that I sold my sigma to my dad when I'll probably inherit it back one day lol.... Kinda morbid... Anyways I'm do excited about my new gun I can't wait to shoot it!!!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Hey, selling to Dad is insurance that you can get it back if you want. Congrats on your new Glock..enjoy!!! Just a little advice when you first load up the mags..load fully overnight or two before going to range, then at range, short the mags by one as you are breaking them in. After a session or two of doing this, your mags will load easier and they will seat easier as well.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Congrats on your new Glock. Welcome to the Kool-aid family.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger
Hey, selling to Dad is insurance that you can get it back if you want. Congrats on your new Glock..enjoy!!! Just a little advice when you first load up the mags..load fully overnight or two before going to range, then at range, short the mags by one as you are breaking them in. After a session or two of doing this, your mags will load easier and they will seat easier as well.
Thanks for the advice man!!