I just got my lone wolf conversion barrels - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I just got my lone wolf conversion barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadwayne View Post
I stopped by my local Glock store a couple o' days ago inquiring about buying a 9mm conversion bbl for my g23 and was told how I would need to change my slide/recoil spring, mags, blah, blah, blah... And how if only I would purchase this here "Sig model xxx" its designed to use these here conversion kits at only $350.00 per kit I would be so much farther ahead... Anyone else get this???
Nah man my p226 all I ever have to do is swap barrels.Mine came originally in 40. Bought a 9. conversion barrel from EfK Firedragon for $150 and I found a 357 Sig. Conversion barrel made by Sig Sauer for less I think from either Top Gun or Cheaper than Dirt.You might wanna check out either Wolf or EFI Firedragon websites they will have all the info you need.Last I looked there were a bunch of conversion barrels for different model Glocks .I am not a Glocks owner so I'm not 100% on this but it may be worth you're time to check out.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadwayne
I stopped by my local Glock store a couple o' days ago inquiring about buying a 9mm conversion bbl for my g23 and was told how I would need to change my slide/recoil spring, mags, blah, blah, blah... And how if only I would purchase this here "Sig model xxx" its designed to use these here conversion kits at only $350.00 per kit I would be so much farther ahead... Anyone else get this???
Nah, just a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for around $100, that takes all of a minute to swap in and out. Of course you'll need to get the 9mm magazines.
After Xmas I'm getting all that because I want to able to shoot 9mm rounds from my G27.
One thing I learned about gun stores is that asking the clerks advice about guns is no difference then going into AutoZone and asking for advice about cars. Some know what they are talking about but most don't. Especially if the shop isn't much into customizing.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 12-08-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #13

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC View Post
Nah, just a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for around $100, that takes all of a minute to swap in and out. Of course you'll need to get the 9mm magazines.
After Xmas I'm getting all that because I want to able to shoot 9mm rounds from my G27.
One thing I learned about gun stores is that asking the clerks advice about guns is no difference then going into AutoZone and asking for advice about cars. Some know what they are talking about but most don't. Especially if the shop isn't much into customizing.
Since this is my "local glock store" I figured they would prefer I purchase through them and be entitled to their apprpriate mark up, fair is absolutely fair. I did get somewhat put off by the huge upsell attempt. Especially since I know I can order from the catalog directly and pointed that out. Oh well, instead of making a reasonable $20-$30, they get na-da... Thanks for responding.