I finally found a Glock that Doesn't feel "wrong" in my Hand
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I finally found a Glock that Doesn't feel "wrong" in my Hand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default I finally found a Glock that Doesn't feel "wrong" in my Hand

Too bad it's the New Glock 42.... But I did also Handle a 41 with a 3rd party custom grip also. I Hope they put that Grip on the Next 9MM they release,..Darn it sukks getting old, I forgot the name of the grip...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2374 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 680

I looked at some gen 4's the other day. The 26 still is not but it did not have the spacer in place. The 17,21 and 22 felt just about perfect. Need to try on the 19. I have been seeing problem reports on the gen 4's with heavy trigger pull and reassembly issues. I did not try the triggers and just made sure they were clear.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #3

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

The only problem with Glock and Glock imitations is that it is like carrying around a normal pistol in condition zero. One false move with the trigger and BLAM !!! there goes your leg.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #4

Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Never make a false move with a trigger.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 07-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 581 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Condition zero ...

Actually..it depends..

First, it does have the trigger safety so one should never be un-holstering and grabbing the trigger...but I understand some my be concerned that it could catch on something (depending on the holster)

But second, no one says it has to be carried with a round chambered..if not racked, you can pull the trigger all you like, nothing is going to happen.

I know, I know, what about the split second it takes to chamber a round...but seriously folks, lets be honest...unless you are an LE or live in a REALLY REALLY bad neighborhood, do we really all need to carry locked and loaded ?

I would worry more about carrying my CZ than my Glock..why ? Because if I chamber a round, there is no safety..and since it is hammer fired, the hammer is exposed pretty much with any holster.

I look at it this way. If you need to be split second ready, then you risk with a Glock or similar. If not, you get a gun with a safety..simple ?

BTW - Just as an aside. I have a Safariland paddle holster for my Glock. It covers any chance of me accidently catching the trigger and the gun cannot be pulled away from me as it locks but is drawn EASILY with a simple move thumb catch...even the guys that run the range really like the holster

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 07-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2139 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 795

I carry a G19 most of the time. I actually carry the G19 in my pocket. I have an adequate holster that covers the trigger and keeps pocket debris out of the G19. If my pants have small pockets I just carry a smaller pistol. I use a DeSantis pocket tuk holster. The Pocket Tuk is more versatile than the Nemesis. The pocket tuk does a better job of holding the pistol in a perfect position to draw. Plus the pocket tuk has a clip to use the holster IWB or as a pocket clip. The Nemesis just looks cooler than the pocket tuk.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 07-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I've always preferred Safety Catches for just that reason,..but hey,...that's just me

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-15-2014, 05:12 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2374 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant_one View Post
Actually..it depends..

First, it does have the trigger safety so one should never be un-holstering and grabbing the trigger...but I understand some my be concerned that it could catch on something (depending on the holster)

But second, no one says it has to be carried with a round chambered..if not racked, you can pull the trigger all you like, nothing is going to happen.

I know, I know, what about the split second it takes to chamber a round...but seriously folks, lets be honest...unless you are an LE or live in a REALLY REALLY bad neighborhood, do we really all need to carry locked and loaded ?

I would worry more about carrying my CZ than my Glock..why ? Because if I chamber a round, there is no safety..and since it is hammer fired, the hammer is exposed pretty much with any holster.

I look at it this way. If you need to be split second ready, then you risk with a Glock or similar. If not, you get a gun with a safety..simple ?

BTW - Just as an aside. I have a Safariland paddle holster for my Glock. It covers any chance of me accidently catching the trigger and the gun cannot be pulled away from me as it locks but is drawn EASILY with a simple move thumb catch...even the guys that run the range really like the holster
That split second can get you killed. I might not be here if I had not had one in the tube. What happens if you are jumped and you have to pull your weapon? How are you going to rack it when you are fighting off an aggressor?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

People Like This 
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2139 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 795

Over the years all the pocket sized pistols I have owned didn't have a safety or the safety was so cumbersome I didn't use it. I have yet to shoot myself. I have drawn my gun in a struggle (Cobra Derringer) without it firing. Fortunately I didn't have to use the gun.

It is very seldom I have had to wash my own clothes. None of the women in my life have shot themselves. Some of them had little experience with firearms. But they had enough sense to get my pistol out of my pocket without grabbing the trigger.

My current wife has no problem getting my Glock to kill a copperhead. She has more experience with firearms than a lot of men. She isn't comfortable carrying a Glock just yet but she will get bit by the Glock bug in the next year or so.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 07-15-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Too bad it's the New Glock 42.... But I did also Handle a 41 with a 3rd party custom grip also. I Hope they put that Grip on the Next 9MM they release,..Darn it sukks getting old, I forgot the name of the grip...
It's good you find the gun that suits you. Glock has been my all-time favorite.