Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I don't get it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

The local police departments here are switching from glocks to XD's, so XD's MUST be much better than glocks.

Quote:
Do a little Googling on Gaston Glock and you'll quickly find out that he doesn't think the average citizen should even own a handgun...
That's a FACT. Makes me want one.............

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Glocks have questionable ergonomics, triggers and so on...but they have what it takes to survive hard use and to win a gunfight.
Are these things you are willing to overlook? The fact that they don't point naturally and have basically no safety at all...I can't overlook either of those. Sure they go bang 99.9% of the time but so does a zip gun and I don't carry one of those.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #63

Liked 222 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 4

spittinfire-
I am not " willing to overlook " the Glock's shortcomings. I'm taking the bitter with the better.
As for safetys, most revolvers don't have safeties and many people carry DA semi-autos with the safety off, so it might as well not be there. Glocks have a lighter trigger pull, which does make a difference.

I have suggested before that Glocks be kept in holsters that cover the trigger area ; that the holster is your safety.

That, combined with keeping the trigger finger straight and up on the frame until ready to fire { sound of a loud bang } ....Gotta go. Will finish this post later...need a new computer monitor....

I Googled and I checked the link posted above and I may be blind but I cannot find any reference to Gaston Glock opposing private gun ownership . I did, however, find this quote from two sources :

Gaston Glock played on that anxiety in an open letter to customers in January. "As shooters and gun owners, we must band together with even greater zeal than in the past," he wrote. "We are not going to roll over and have our guns taken away because of some of our misguided neighbors, no matter who they are."

Last edited by Rentacop; 02-10-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: ADDL. INFO

Newest Threads