I don't get it - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I don't get it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 737 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
So how about those Packers?
Who

Old 01-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #52

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well? Whatever it was sure got the Glock forum off to it's first big hit of the year didn't it? Place has been kinda dead (the Glock forum here). All in all, I've been reminded that things can be taken personal. Strangely enough, I didn't single anyone out in my post. Therefore, it's not personal to my thinking. What I do realize though is that men used to be men. Back when a hard day's work made most of us hardy enough to take a jab, and either laugh about it, or give one back without keeping thoughts inside until we complain to the boss our feelings have been hurt. It is what it is, what's done is done. What I posted was fact other than the thingy some took offense to. I can take it as well as dish it out, and already have by the looks of things. That's cool. When I step forward and aint looking, I step in whatever lay beneath my feet. If the text of my reply still remains without the so-called personal attack that apparently was taken by many, then read it again. I'm on other forums as well, and for the life of me can't seem to get over the Glock bashing from others when Glocksters as a whole (nothing personal here), don't seem to go around bashing others. You've no idea how many years I've been into firearms, and how many brands of pistols I've owned and used. I've never bashed anyone else choice.
The gist of it the way it started, and the way it was meant to be no matter how far you'd like to confuse the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
How can a gun that is so widely used be so openly hated? Every time I read a post about Glock's there are droves of people who can do nothing but berate them?
plain and simple. If you're here in the Glock forum, then what's your purpose? Personally, I've taken a side with the OP on the issue and original question as to "why"? How would someone here take offense to what was said in general (not personally) about those who do such acts as to bash Glocks if there was nobody here trolling to do just that? I ask you seriously. Sit back and think about it before you reply. Maybe we've found a Judas among us? Talk is cheap, and after what I've learned in the past couple of days, this forum....I could take it or leave it. I enjoy nothing more than to give information to those in need. Maybe....just maybe, I'm not as worthy as some of you to give that information out. So...I'll post it to the general pupulation here and now, and I'll gladly go along with the consensus. Ban me, or listen (and read) what I have to say every now and then. I'm that serious. I'm a man, and I'll accept what I've done, and I'll accept what's coming to me. I live in a man's world that has too many rules to protect the incompetent and the overly sensitive. I'll survive on my own. (nothing personal)

Old 01-23-2010, 01:14 AM   #53

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow.....deep.

You've been given OPINIONS, some valid, some not. It's up to you what has value and what doesn't. But don't bash our forum. That's just not cool. If it's not for you....just go away.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #54
jbd

i have never had a problem with my glock 23,but that being said its probably the last/only glock ill own. i just like other guns better thats just me.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #55

I love my glock. G19. Its great, always goes bang, to me, it actually feels good in my hands and I am accurate with it. I am not really a fanboy, I think all the new "tuppaware" pistols are all around the same quality. Its all personal preference. I think the XD fanboys are worse than the glock fanboys though.

Nut up or Shut up!

Last edited by User Name; 01-28-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #56

Liked 247 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Gentlemen-
I don't think I've ever met one of these " Glock fanboys ". I doubt they exist.

I, like many other shooters, simply appreciate the Glock as one might treasure a fine painting, a Rolex watch, the Hope diamond, a set of Snap-on tools, a pair of Limmer hiking boots, a comfortable leather sofa, a restored Dusenburg, a Purdey Double-barreled shotgun, California Redwoods, a Beverly Hills Mansion, hand-crafted hardwood furniture, a Japanese sword...

Okay, I knew you wouldn't fall for that... (LOL)

The point here is that us Glock guys do like other guns and we give them a chance.

Some of us know from experience, though, that many guns' flaws don't show up until they are in wide use. For example, the military adopted the " proven " Beretta 92 after it won in 7 million dollars worth of testing. Then the slides started breaking.
The German police carried Walthur PPs and PPKs in .32ACP for years. They finally tested their supply and found out they jammed once every 50 shots.

There is one lie that is the gun magazine readers know by heart : " There were no jams or stoppages throughout the entire test. "

Pardon me if I choose a gun that has been used enough to be proven reliable and durable, one that has had its problems corrected through upgrades, one for which parts are available...

Maybe the XD or the Beretta Storm or the Walthur P99 or the M&P is better than the Glock. I don't know, but I won't be convinced until those guns have a whole lot more military and police use behind them.

Glocks have questionable ergonomics, triggers and so on...but they have what it takes to survive hard use and to win a gunfight.

Last edited by Rentacop; 02-10-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: punctuation

Old 02-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #57

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Just want to make one point. Most entities, such as police departments, choose their sidearm based mainly on cost. I've been a senior accountant for many years and I know this to be true. The PDs didn't get Glocks because they were the "best" available, they got Glocks because the Glock marketing strategy is to sell to police departments at a huge discount.

Not to say Glocks aren't a good gun, but the "police use them" is merely an example of Glocks effective marketing strategy. Do a little Googling on Gaston Glock and you'll quickly find out that he doesn't think the average citizen should even own a handgun...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #58

Liked 247 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I din NOT base my resasoning on " police use them " thinking. I based it on the years of police testing and use that prove them reliable. The mere fact that the police buy something does not prove a lot.

The police in general may buy Glocks because of cost but the Washington D.C. police chose them partly because their officers liked the safe action trigger ; they did not want a thumb safety. Other departments like the ease of changing from a revolver to a Glock ( same point and click firing procedure ).

Will look into your allegation against Gaston Glock...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #59

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Do a little Googling on Gaston Glock and you'll quickly find out that he doesn't think the average citizen should even own a handgun...

Well, doesn't that make a whole lot of business sense lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #60

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
I did NOT base my resasoning on " police use them " thinking. I based it on the years of police testing and use that prove them reliable.
I have no doubt if Springfield sold the XD at deep discounts to LEOs, we'd have the same argument in favor of XDs.

I have nothing against Glocks, they don't work for me due to the grip angle and the ill-placed finger grooves, but again I do not fall for their chosen marketing strategy. I think someone posted a thread here a while back on GG and his disdain for civilians owning handguns...