I don't get it - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I don't get it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks for the clarification, but I wasn't mad and I hope I didn't come off that way. I really wanted to ensure that my post(s) were not in any way an attack or personal in any way. Thanks again
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #42

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Darincraft-I was referring to ramrod's post. Your posts are well written without resorting to personal attacks just because someone don't agree with you like ramrod did.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #43

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3483 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Thanks for the clarification, but I wasn't mad and I hope I didn't come off that way. I really wanted to ensure that my post(s) were not in any way an attack or personal in any way. Thanks again
Your cool bro. Nothing wrong with what you have posted thus far.

JD

Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #44

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Hey now damnit. I held back big time. I was going to throw down a ponch. But I didn't mainly because I am so weak right now I can hardly type.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #45

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Hey now damnit. I held back big time. I was going to throw down a ponch. But I didn't mainly because I am so weak right now I can hardly type.
I think you are using good restraint for tango.

I've learned something from you Tango and I've developed three levels of DB.

First is least abbrasive DB level I = dingle berry

Second gets harsher DB level II = dumb butt

Third level and worst of all DB = Douchebag!!

I've found some people guilty on multiple counts of douchebaggery already. This is not an envied position.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #47

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB44 View Post
Roger that. I read it for the second time. True, the arguments are personal and do not add anything constructive to the discussion. But then again Tango's comment is not that far away from that either. That makes it 1-1 in my book. From where I am looking at it, its not fair play. I dunno,.. perhaps we are so far off topic by now, and the whole thread should be deleted. I think we established the fact (once again)that there are two camps: tupperware vs. 1911 (sorry if I forgot anybody here)..... and some of us are stuck right there in the middle,....
Response to a post like the one deleted is nothing more than that. Plus, I think that Tango may have more moderated posts than anyone. I saw no one attacking anyone based on the OP.

Where's Cane with the ergonomics pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #48

Liked 768 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
NO it is nothing like MAC owners because Mac earnd the rep for being an over priced wonder box full of goodies that Mr. Gates can only dream of.

Glocks are good guns, I hate the fanboy attitude around them. I have one friend that thinks they are the be all end all pistol on the market. Says XD are cheap knock offs that are not as good says 1911 are old and worthless. SO WHAT The glock to me fills like it was carved out of a 2x4 by an 8 year old boy scout with a new and very dull barlow knife. I like the ergos of my 1911. I have shot glocks XD's and many other pistols in my life and for me to get a polymer gun I am going straight for the XD 45acp.

The worst thing is people buy a glock first and then get all tied up in the fanboy attitude and then they never buy a different gun.

Guns are like women: Don't buy the first one you meet.
I use a mac! Infact my 15year old one still runs great.
As far as Women. Take them for a quick spin, then decide.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Just a quick word here. My first semi-auto was a Glock 19. It was a fine pistol. It was accurate, reliable, easy to clean and easy to shoot. The trigger was crap and it looked kind of boring, but it was a good shooter.

My next pistol was a Springfield MilSpec. I immediately sold the Glock and I never looked back.

Btw, I sold the G19 to my buddy, a former Marine and an expert shooter and he absolutely loves it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #50

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

So how about those Packers?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me