I don't get it - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I don't get it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
What about the M&P? As far as I know, it's only safety is the articulated trigger.
If that is true, he deserves to be put in the same hole as Gaston....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
except for you Dillinger, I'm pretty sure you insulted me somewhere in that post, but I'm a little slow I'll have to read it again...

I did no such thing. I pointed several glaring truths of a line of pistols that I do not tolerate in my realm.

If you took something personal. Well? *shrug*

The truth is a bitch....

Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #22

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hey I have a Glock 22 for sale if anyone wants it let me know....right now Dillinger said he might want it

Old 01-21-2010, 05:02 AM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Think of as the same thing as the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge (etc.). The funny thing is that you will hear people say that this glock is too big for their hand and someone else, whose hand is about the same size, will say that it is too small. It is just personal preference.

Me, I am a dyed in the wool Ford person, I carry a Glock, but I absolutely love my Steyr GB. I have a small to medium hand, the grip on that thing is huge, but I love it and shoot great with it. It is the original "Combat Tupperware" and (f)ugly gun.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'll tell you why I dislike Glocks....they have the ergonomics of a brick and I can't point shoot them worth crap. They feel bulky in my hands and are uncomfortable to hold and I always shoot low. I don't like that Glock only has the trigger safety. The gun can be laying on the floor across the room and if I have a 10ft pole I can set it off(XD? no, 1911? No...) I have no doubt that they are reliable(unless you want a 40) and I know they serve many people well, I'm just not one of them.

Have to agree, although I prefer the comparison with a caulking gun

The grip angle is hell on my [puny] wrist, and I seem to shoot low with them as well. Just all-round damn uncomfortable. I think ergonomics go a long way towards accuracy with any gun...feels like crap to hold, can't see how you're going to shoot well.

And to JD's point about LEOs - Glocks were cheap & reliable so Govts worldwide jumped at them (although I notice that South Australia's police have gone straight from S&W.357 revolvers to being issued with M&P.40s recently). Most other aust cops use Glocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

My leo friend tells me they are switching to XD's this year, he couldn't be happier.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Me, I am a dyed in the wool Ford person, I carry a Glock, ....
That's right up my alley,.... Driving around in my F150 with my Glock,....and if I just could do that in Texas, that could be great,....

But what the hell,... Chile is good enough for me,...

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 01-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
What about the M&P? As far as I know, it's only safety is the articulated trigger.
I was looking into that was well and I think M&Ps may have a touch of the ghey...Ergonomically better yes but I couldn't find anything about any safety other then the trigger. And an outright crappy feeling trigger too I might add. Feels like the thing is going to snap off when pulled and does nothing in helping you get your finger on the trigger when needed.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #28

Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 839

I don't hate glocks, but they are not for me. The last one I shot was a 32, .357 sig. It had better ergonomics than others I've tried, but that trigger is just too odd. I guess if was the 1st handgun I had ever fired I could have gotten to like it more, but I started w/ wheelguns for hunting, personnal defense and then moved to auto's. Started w/ a 1911 in 10mm. Hands down now my favorites are Sigs. The gentleman that owned the Glock 32 had 1 comment after I outshot him w/ his own gun, and then outscored him useing 8 bullets to his 13 in my Sig P6. He said, well mine holds more ammo.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #29

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB44 View Post
Gotcha... just like people who own Apple computers,....
NO it is nothing like MAC owners because Mac earnd the rep for being an over priced wonder box full of goodies that Mr. Gates can only dream of.

Glocks are good guns, I hate the fanboy attitude around them. I have one friend that thinks they are the be all end all pistol on the market. Says XD are cheap knock offs that are not as good says 1911 are old and worthless. SO WHAT The glock to me fills like it was carved out of a 2x4 by an 8 year old boy scout with a new and very dull barlow knife. I like the ergos of my 1911. I have shot glocks XD's and many other pistols in my life and for me to get a polymer gun I am going straight for the XD 45acp.

The worst thing is people buy a glock first and then get all tied up in the fanboy attitude and then they never buy a different gun.

Guns are like women: Don't buy the first one you meet.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #30

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Guns are like women: Don't buy the first one you meet.
You can always rent...

Newest Threads