I don't get it
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I don't get it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default I don't get it

How can a gun that is so widely used be so openly hated? Every time I read a post about Glock's there are droves of people who can do nothing but berate them?

I own a G22, carried one for years and never had a problem with them. Everyone I personally know loves them, but whenever there is a post about them it's nothing but "get a real gun....buy a 1911...get an XD....glocks suck....get an M&P." Don't get me wrong I just ordered a 1911 and I own 2 XD's. My Glock does feel a little odd at times, but I am accurate with it and it always goes bang.

I just don't get it....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default glocks do have the ghey

People love to hate things, infact, we look for things to hate!

Nah, I don't hate glocks at all. I've handled and fired a G17(my dad's) a G30 (my friends) and a G22(other friend) and recently fired a G19 at the range last friday. I truly believe they are out of the box reliable, durable, trustworthy handguns. My complaints are the trigger, goalpost sight picture, weird angled grip, and the ugly factor.

I don't hate them, but I do know they are not for me. YMMV

BTW, some people hate my firearms and I'm cool with that. They can just keep their big fat grubby hands off them.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lets face it .. GLOCKs are (f)ugly. And everybody hates the ugly kid. Eventually, if you give'em a chance, you get to like them. I've just been around them for so long, that I forget that they are ugly.
And yeah - everytime you pull the trigger they go bang - and that should be good enough for most of us.... to like them.

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The reason Glocks receive so much hate is not because of the gun itself - it's the worship demonstrated by the Glock fanboys's every chance they get. While I don't care for them, many folks do and that's just fine with me...

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Glocks....they have the ghey!

I'll tell you why I dislike Glocks....they have the ergonomics of a brick and I can't point shoot them worth crap. They feel bulky in my hands and are uncomfortable to hold and I always shoot low. I don't like that Glock only has the trigger safety. The gun can be laying on the floor across the room and if I have a 10ft pole I can set it off(XD? no, 1911? No...) I have no doubt that they are reliable(unless you want a 40) and I know they serve many people well, I'm just not one of them.

I have a problem with the folks that tell a new gun buyer that they MUST get a Glock, they're the best gun ever and you absolutely have to have one. There are other weapons out there, polymer or not that IMO are much better then Glocks.

My wife made me proud over Christmas. She told me a girl she works with was asking what she was going to get me for Christmas and she said I was into shooting and had various guns. This young lady ask if I had a Glock, my wife said no. The girl told her she should get me a Glock because her husband has one and you can do ANYTHING with one. She replied, I'm not sure, but I've heard him say he hates them.
It was a proud moment for me when she told me the story.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The reason Glocks receive so much hate is not because of the gun itself - it's the worship demonstrated by the Glock fanboys's every chance they get.
Gotcha... just like people who own Apple computers,....

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm going to start by saying that I like anything that goes boom. I have my favorites and among them are the 1911's (all variants), S&W's (auto and revolvers) and Glocks (combat Tupperware). I don't like Rugers, it's like holding a chunk of concrete and not made to be held by a human (I thinks someone from area 51 leaked the plans that were found in some flying saucer) they may be great guns but I just really don't like for me. Everyone has their personal favorites and will defend them to the death like JD and 1911's and Cane and his Colts. Take the criticism of the Glock like you hear about the rivalry between the military services we can talk smack as much as we want among ourselves but let an outsider come in and talk sh*t and we will circle the wagons.. Except Tango he will dance around outside sprinkling fairy dust and singing the FTF theme song "I like guns".

Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
How can a gun that is so widely used be so openly hated? Every time I read a post about Glock's there are droves of people who can do nothing but berate them?

I own a G22, carried one for years and never had a problem with them. Everyone I personally know loves them, but whenever there is a post about them it's nothing but "get a real gun....buy a 1911...get an XD....glocks suck....get an M&P." Don't get me wrong I just ordered a 1911 and I own 2 XD's. My Glock does feel a little odd at times, but I am accurate with it and it always goes bang.

I just don't get it....

It's kind of like a prostitute...

You might want to use her, but your not going to kiss her good night.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The love/hate thing is just personal opinion. Personally, I'm ambivalent.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #10

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

The second pistol I shot was a Glock and it was pretty accurate. I just didn't care too much for the way it felt in my hands. My M&P feels much better to me, but to each his own...