I did not know glocks are as good... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Glocks = Biker Chick

1911s = Prom Queen

Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #42
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
WOW! Some real Glock flamers running around here! Geez!
If you don't want a debate, then go post in the Glock forum.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

If you don't want a debate, then go post in the Glock forum.
I said flamers. Not debaters. I was surprised at the level of animosity. I mean I know lots of guys who don't necessarily care for Glocks, but I never realized some people thought they were the DEVIL! LOL!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 08-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21989 Times on 12399 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I said flamers. Not debaters. I was surprised at the level of animosity. I mean I know lots of guys who don't necessarily care for Glocks, but I never realized some people thought they were the DEVIL! LOL!
maybe what you see as a flamer is actually a passionate debater!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #45
CJx

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

When you rack the slide on a glock to chamber a round, does it pull back the trigger to a single action state? If so wouldn't that be really bad for concealed carry?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #46
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
You need to stick around. This isn't close to a flame war.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #47
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2680 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

CJx,

At one point in time I was kind of the same opinion and thought! Me referring to them as Combat Tupperware!
I have always been a fan of the 357 S&W, 45 ACP 1911s and 45 ACP Sig 220 pistols. Then one day the Chief advised we had several officers purchasing Glock pistols for off duty since it was not our issue gun. With no disrespect to the Chief I laughed and advised I would send someone to Glock Combat Tupperware Armorer School right away!
I had a letter in my mail box a week later and guess who was signed up for the Glock Armorer School? You guessed it "ME"!
I went to the school and initialy as ugly as I thought the gun was it was a design of simplicity and genious!
Later we tested several pistols for a new duty issue gun. The top two pistols from the vigerous test was the Glock 22 40 Cal and the Sig 40 Call I believe the 226 version. The range was the proof in the pudding! The scores from those using the Glocks reflected a 30% improvement on scores for the officers. I later went to advanced Glock Armorer School as well being the Range Master and Senior Armorer for the Metro. I carried one for the last 4 years of my carrier. And the pistol performed flawlessly as did all of them in service on the agency. I presently own a Glock Model 22 40 Cal. (My Retirement Duty Weapon Gift) A Model 27 Golck 40 Cal. and a Glock 9mm I got a great deal on. Haven't shot the 9mm yet and prefer the ballistics of the 40 over that of the 9mm. But although I like the steel pistols they are fine pistols. I would not be hesitent to recommend a Glock to anyone who wants a good quality, dependable and accurate pistol for protection or duty. In closing I carry the Model 27 for concealment and have for years. A safe holster for any pistol is required for concealment. Covers the trigger guard area of the pistol!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 08-25-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Type O on Glock Model
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #48

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post

OK, there is a guy at work who tells me his brother sharpens his knife on a Glock. I had chalked this up to the guy being a total idiot, because guns are generally not though of as sharpening tools. I wonder now, since this is the second time I've heard it mentioned.

Care to elaborate on this?
This is a load of **** that comes from the original media freak out when they were trying to claim GLOCK was made of plastics and ceramics (a ceramic slide would be a good sharpening tool) and couldn't be found by metal detectors.

A GLOCK slide will sharpen a knife no better or worse than any other piece of steel, depending on finish.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #49

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
WOW! Some real Glock flamers running around here! Geez!

I try to stay away from CCing anything with an external safety. In an adrenaline dump with my fine motor skills gone to hell I don't want to fool with a safety. I want to squeeze the trigger and hear a bang. I am the safety.

The gun isn't coming out unless there's a threat, and the finger isn't leaving the slide until I make the decision to shoot. Pretty basic stuff.

If I'm switching holsters out, I make sure I can see the trigger guard and watch that it stays clear. Also pretty basic stuff.

If you get away from basic firearms safety, you need to go and get some more training and more practice because you are liable to hurt yourself or someone else no matter what you carry. No amount of external safeties will save you from a bad habit.
And in your hurry to defend yourself, what happens if

a fold of your shirt or tshirt gets tangled in the trigger?

OH, that's right, BLAM!

Then, maybe, you'll be less of an expert...

Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #50

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
maybe what you see as a flamer is actually a passionate debater!
Yanno, I thought I gave both sides of the argument pretty

evenly, in my first post, but here we go...