Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
CJx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
who pulled the hammer back? it can't or won't pull itself back unless a human being pulls it back. yes it has a malfunction, but still will not fire on it's own without human involvement. a malfuctioning firearm can be unsafe or operater incorrectly but will still never fire by itself.
Wow, that is really really nitpicking. If the hammer is pulled back it should not fire so I'd say it's more then guns fault than the user, granted I'm sure it doesn't happen very often.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20967 Times on 11916 Posts
Likes Given: 52556

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx View Post
Wow, that is really really nitpicking. If the hammer is pulled back it should not fire so I'd say it's more then guns fault than the user, granted I'm sure it doesn't happen very often.
i am not nitpicking as you call it, simply stating a fact. any firearm can't or won't fire unless there is human involvement, regardless of whether it's properly functioning or not.

you say you are new to firearms, and yet you seem ready to question someone who has been around them for many years, owning and shooting them, plus who does much of his own gun work.

now the question is, do you really want to learn about firearms, or question the knowledge of someone who has been around them for long time?

Old 08-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
CJx

Quote:
i am not nitpicking as you call it, simply stating a fact. any firearm can't or won't fire unless there is human involvement, regardless of whether it's properly functioning or not.

you say you are new to firearms, and yet you seem ready to question someone who has been around them for many years, owning and shooting them, plus who does much of his own gun work.

now the question is, do you really want to learn about firearms, or question the knowledge of someone who has been around them for long time?
You're taking the whole conversation too personally really. Even if someone had a Ph.D in firearm handling and mechanics I still would not believe what they said, I would research and draw my own conclusions.

Last edited by CJx; 08-24-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20967 Times on 11916 Posts
Likes Given: 52556

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx View Post
You're taking the whole conversation too personally really. Even if someone had a Ph.D in firearm handling and mechanics I still would not believe what they said, I would research and draw my own conclusions.
then it appears i am wasting my time in trying to teach you if all you are going to do is question me. have a nice time learning.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
CJx

Quote:
then it appears i am wasting my time in trying to teach you if all you are going to do is question me. have a nice time learning.
Well it's not like i don't consider what you're telling me. By the way, what have you told me?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #36

Liked 917 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Quote:
Name one other gun that you can use the slide to sharpen a knife.
OK, there is a guy at work who tells me his brother sharpens his knife on a Glock. I had chalked this up to the guy being a total idiot, because guns are generally not though of as sharpening tools. I wonder now, since this is the second time I've heard it mentioned.

Care to elaborate on this?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 382 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Quote:
But I know that when I squeeze my trigger, the Glock goes bang! Every time.
Funny mine does that as well and its not a glock.

Quote:
Name one other gun that you can use the slide to sharpen a knife.
That would be really useful.

Last edited by manta; 08-24-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #38

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I'm not a Glock fan and don't own one but I will say there not going to win any beauty contests but they are reliable , they just plain work flawless. However up til the gen 4 I did not like the ergonomics of it . The gen 4 has fixed that for me . I have a 17 on my list but its not a priority gun. Its a ways down the list

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #39

Liked 322 Times on 178 Posts

Like all of you I have many guns and have shot for years and years and years. I compete with pistols, shoot IDPA, and carry most days. I have had a gen 3 Glock 17 and I currently have the gen 3 Glock 34. Glock builds a very solid reliable gun, no question about that, they do. You can freeze it in a solid block of ice, heat it up to high temps, drop it in the muck, bang it into things and it takes it and just runs. It's not picky about ammo either. It's good. You get a lot for the money and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available. Speaking of parts, the Glock doesn't have many, which in my opinion, is a good thing. Now I have a 1911 too, in .38 Super, and I like the trigger better. It fits my hand better. I like the extended beaver tail with memory bump and it's accurate...BUT, I baby my 1911. I do not baby a Glock. No need, and that's one thing that's great about them. They don't scratch up and they are tough. I've recently purchased a gen 4 Steyr C9-A1. I much prefer this to the Glock. The trigger is really really good, better than my jazzed up G34. It fits my hand way better than the Glock. I really encourage you to take a look at the Steyr gen 4 guns. I shot it today in an IDPA qualifier and it did very well.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

WOW! Some real Glock flamers running around here! Geez!

I try to stay away from CCing anything with an external safety. In an adrenaline dump with my fine motor skills gone to hell I don't want to fool with a safety. I want to squeeze the trigger and hear a bang. I am the safety.

The gun isn't coming out unless there's a threat, and the finger isn't leaving the slide until I make the decision to shoot. Pretty basic stuff.

If I'm switching holsters out, I make sure I can see the trigger guard and watch that it stays clear. Also pretty basic stuff.

If you get away from basic firearms safety, you need to go and get some more training and more practice because you are liable to hurt yourself or someone else no matter what you carry. No amount of external safeties will save you from a bad habit.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Closed Thread