I did not know glocks are as good... - Page 23
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #221
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88 View Post
I think everyone can agree Glocks would have significantly less malfunctions.
Um, no. We can't all agree to that. A 1911 going through thousands upon thousands of rounds without a single failure is pretty common.

Quote:
Even if the 1911s were already "broken in" and even if you cleaned the 1911s after every 1,000 rounds and left the Glocks dirty, I'd still put my money on Glock (or sig or plenty other polymer guns out there).
That's your opinion, not a fact.

Quote:
Not to mention 1911 can be really picky with ammo and mags.
Wrong. A 1911 doesn't like crap mags. It will shoot quality mags just fine.

As for the ammo, try shooting cast lead bullets in a GLOCK and tell me how that works our for you.

I did not know glocks are as good... - Glock Forum

Quote:
But ANYWAYS, I'm not trying to argue 1911s are bad guns. It's my FAVORITE pistol!
But I highly value reliability. Whether its firearms, optics, vehicles or condoms..
1911 aren't reliable? Damn, how did it ever remain one of the most popular and successful pistols for over 100 years?

Quote:
Glocks aren't "better". They are "different".
Better in their own ways and worse in their own ways.
As a general statement, I agree. In the way you probably meant it, I disagree.

Quote:
But I must admit, the things that make the 1911 better than a Glock is all pretty much crap.

Quote:
1911 fanboys (and I'm one of em) argue that they are prettier. So what?! That doesn't make it better.
They will argue that it is "more accurate"...99% of where the bullet hits is determined by the shooter, not the gun.
They will argue that the "trigger is better" and helps with accuracy...so what? You prefer a nice trigger? I'll drop an improved trigger in my Glock if I feel the need to.
Yes, a clean trigger helps with accuracy. In a situation where accuracy matters (defending your life) that trigger isn't going to mean a darned thing.
They'll argue that it just "fits and feels better"...that doesn't make it better. It's a preference. I prefer a bigger bulkier grip.
So reliability, customization, and proven performance is not pros?

BTW, a member here put one of those improved GLOCK triggers in his gun. He accidently let the slide slam home with a round chambered and now he has a hole in his hand.

Quote:
And that's it. That's pretty much all the "pros" to a 1911.
Non of which actually make it "better".
But I guess it's what you value in a firearm.
When I think of firearms I don't necessarily think of target shooting or a display case.
I think war, defending my life, chaos, without rule of law, etc.
And if you want a firearm for that sort of stuff I think any halfway intelligent person would agree that a Glock or a sig or plenty other pistols would be a far better choice.
That's all your opinion, not proven facts.

Quote:
If we gathered every firearms instructor and law enforcement agent and every man or woman that depends on a firearm to protect their life, I would bet that MOST of them would choose a Glock, Sig, etc., etc., before try chose a 1911 to protect themselves.
There are plenty of people who call you on that BS.

Quote:
Do some of those people carry 1911s? Sure. But only a fraction of them.
Actually, carrying a 1911 is pretty common.

Quote:
Send a man to war and tell him he'll be in a firefight everyday with his pistol. Tell him he can choose ANY pistol in the WORLD. Then see how many of those guys chose a 1911.
So, where are you getting this info? Because I'm pretty sure your just pulling it out of thin air.

Quote:
Yeah, 1911s WERE the superior fighting pistol back in the day. Times change.
Tell that to the Marines!

Quote:
THERE! There's my rant against all the guys who's identity is SOOO stringy attached to their "sweet 1911"
Now how about the GLOCK fanboys who just love to rant about the 1911?

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty. I love em too.
Y'all privacy think I'm some Glock fanboy.
Sure. Just as much as I'm a 1911 fanboy. But I'll tell you that Glock is a better pistol every time. Unless you're goal is to look sexy or have fun at the range. CAN 1911s be great for self defense or war? OF COURSE! Are they the superior chose?! NOT EVEN A CHANCE!
Again, your opinion. NOT a fact.

Quote:
Does our military still buy 1911s? Yes they do. They buy Colts that retail for about $2500.
Which still aren't as good of an option as other guns out there for a third the price.
I'd just like to point out that not a single branch of the US military uses GLOCKS. Apparently they think there are better choices out there.

Quote:
There. I'm thinking pretty much any other rebuttals you may have for "1911s being a better gun" is pretty much shot down.

But YES. If your goal is to look cool and to make other jealous at the range then you'll win every time with a 1911.
But it's not "better".
Would a 1911 be a great choice for self defense, war, etc.? YES
But it is NOT the best option. And it's probably not even in the top 5. Maybe not even in the top 10.

Quote:
Work at a range. Change your career to a firearms instructor, etc.. Watch THOUSANDS of firearms shoot THOUSANDS or rounds and keep track of all the malfunctions...
If there were equal amounts of Glock, 1911s, Sigs, Springfields, etc. etc.
I GARUNTEE you that the group of 1911s would have the most malfunctions.
I'm not talking YOUR 1911 vs MY sig.
I'm talking on average.
THOUSANDS of 1911s vs THOUSANDS of Sigs, Glocks, etc.
Again, OPINION.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #222
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

do you have any idea as to how silly and ignorant that post is? seriously?

do you really even have one clue as to what you are talking about?

why not come back and post when you actually learn something or have some actual experiance with the subject at hand. most of your post is all over the place and just speaks volumes of your limited knowledge of firearms in general and pistols in particular.
He was spot on with the first few sentences. Should have left it at that Lol
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #223
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88
If we took 100 Glocks and 100 1911s to the range and shot 10,000 rounds through them each, which one would perform better?

Even if the 1911s were already "broken in" and even if you cleaned the 1911s after every 1,000 rounds and left the Glocks dirty, I'd still put my money on Glock (or sig or plenty other polymer guns out there).

Not to mention 1911 can be really picky with ammo and mags.

But ANYWAYS, I'm not trying to argue 1911s are bad guns. It's my FAVORITE pistol!
But I highly value reliability. Whether its firearms, optics, vehicles or condoms..

Glocks aren't "better". They are "different".
Better in their own ways and worse in their own ways.

But I must admit, the things that make the 1911 better than a Glock is all pretty much crap.
1911 fanboys (and I'm one of em) argue that they are prettier. So what?! That doesn't make it better.
They will argue that it is "more accurate"...99% of where the bullet hits is determined by the shooter, not the gun.
They will argue that the "trigger is better" and helps with accuracy...so what? You prefer a nice trigger? I'll drop an improved trigger in my Glock if I feel the need to.
Yes, a clean trigger helps with accuracy. In a situation where accuracy matters (defending your life) that trigger isn't going to mean a darned thing.
They'll argue that it just "fits and feels better"...that doesn't make it better. It's a preference. I prefer a bigger bulkier grip.

And that's it. That's pretty much all the "pros" to a 1911.
Non of which actually make it "better".
But I guess it's what you value in a firearm.
When I think of firearms I don't necessarily think of target shooting or a display case.
And if you want a firearm for that sort of stuff I think any halfway intelligent person would agree that a Glock or a sig or plenty other pistols would be a far better choice.
If we gathered every firearms instructor and law enforcement agent and every man or woman that depends on a firearm to protect their life, I would bet that MOST of them would choose a Glock, Sig, etc., etc., before try chose a 1911 to protect themselves.
Do some of those people carry 1911s? Sure. But only a fraction of them.
Send a man to war and tell him he'll be in a firefight everyday with his pistol. Tell him he can choose ANY pistol in the WORLD. Then see how many of those guys chose a 1911.
Yeah, 1911s WERE the superior fighting pistol back in the day. Times change.

THERE! There's my rant against all the guys who's identity is SOOO stringy attached to their "sweet 1911"
Yeah it's pretty. I love em too.
Y'all privacy think I'm some Glock fanboy.
Sure. Just as much as I'm a 1911 fanboy. But I'll tell you that Glock is a better pistol every time. Unless you're goal is to look sexy or have fun at the range. CAN 1911s be great for self defense or war? OF COURSE! Are they the superior chose?! NOT EVEN A CHANCE!
Does our military still buy 1911s? Yes they do. They buy Colts that retail for about $2500.
Which still aren't as good of an option as other guns out there for a third the price.

There. I'm thinking pretty much any other rebuttals you may have for "1911s being a better gun" is pretty much shot down.

But YES. If your goal is to look cool and to make other jealous at the range then you'll win every time with a 1911.
But it's not "better".
Would a 1911 be a great choice for self defense, war, etc.? YES
But it is NOT the best option. And it's probably not even in the top 5. Maybe not even in the top 10.

Work at a range. Change your career to a firearms instructor, etc.. Watch THOUSANDS of firearms shoot THOUSANDS or rounds and keep track of all the malfunctions...
If there were equal amounts of Glock, 1911s, Sigs, Springfields, etc. etc.
I GARUNTEE you that the group of 1911s would have the most malfunctions.
I'm not talking YOUR 1911 vs MY sig.
I'm talking on average.
THOUSANDS of 1911s vs THOUSANDS of Sigs, Glocks, etc.

I'd like to end by saying this...
I'm picking up a Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 next week.
And I can't FREAKING wait! =]
Dude,..let me know when you open your "Glocks Rock" training school...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #224
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

did he edge out R. Lee Ermey from Glock? sure sounded like he was paid for that Glock endorsement!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #225
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Um, no. We can't all agree to that. A 1911 going through thousands upon thousands of rounds without a single failure is pretty common.

That's your opinion, not a fact.

Wrong. A 1911 doesn't like crap mags. It will shoot quality mags just fine.

As for the ammo, try shooting cast lead bullets in a GLOCK and tell me how that works our for you.

1911 aren't reliable? Damn, how did it ever remain one of the most popular and successful pistols for over 100 years?

As a general statement, I agree. In the way you probably meant it, I disagree.

So reliability, customization, and proven performance is not pros?

BTW, a member here put one of those improved GLOCK triggers in his gun. He accidently let the slide slam home with a round chambered and now he has a hole in his hand.

That's all your opinion, not proven facts.

There are plenty of people who call you on that BS.

Actually, carrying a 1911 is pretty common.

So, where are you getting this info? Because I'm pretty sure your just pulling it out of thin air.

Tell that to the Marines!

Now how about the GLOCK fanboys who just love to rant about the 1911?

Again, your opinion. NOT a fact.

I'd just like to point out that not a single branch of the US military uses GLOCKS. Apparently they think there are better choices out there.

Again, OPINION.
Well look out Tex,...all the Glock boys are gonna be after you! ;-)
seriously....
If 1911's weren't so great why would the US Marines sign a contract with COLT to Re-Arm almost the entire Corps(except for Recon units who pick their own gear anyway, and Pilots & Aircrews)??
And why would I NOT have a GLOCK if they are so Good??? Well,...I'm looking for a 9mm Conversion for a Commander instead...
and at least MY Polymer Gun (Ruger) has an external safety....
So some more Yiddish for you Glock owners who CAN'T JUST LEAVE THE REST OF US ALONE!!! "Gait Ga-Zintha Hait"

Which means Go with GD,..but go Swiftly!!

Really Folks?? Really?? *sigh*......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #226
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

As a guy who packs a Glock around on a daily basis and loves it, I must say.....

I am glad that Glocks are more reliable and accurate than most of their fanboys on this thread.

JEEZ!

I don't think that's even DEBATABLE at this point...

Who the hell wants to compare a Glock to a 1911 anyway? They'll be comparing Harleys and Dirtbikes next. And don't ask which one is which or ill shoot you in the @$$ with one of each and say "you figure it out."
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #227

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I don't think it matters nearly as much as we make it out to be!! Shoot what your comfortable with! Practice often, and your weapon will probably function as it was designed to do. I like Glocks because I'm lazy and some fool told me they were a good "lazy mans" gun! And I have yet to prove him wrong. But to say one platform is better than another is like saying red is better than blue, strictly a matter of opinion!! Ok, some fool froze a glock for years and figured out it would function after the fact! Torture test are fun and cool to read about but they really mean very little in the reality of life! I appreciate all gun owners and there opinions! The best gun is the one you believe in and are confident with. In almost all SD situations, you will need to be accurate and precise from about 10 yards in, I'm thinking a 1911 or glock will get the job done equally as well! People tend to blame guns for poor performance and even failures! But usually all problems can be traced to the man pulling the trigger, poor technique, poor care, poor advise and so on! Practice, educate and proper car. And the gun you choose is the right one. No matter what other people say.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #228

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall
I don't think it matters nearly as much as we make it out to be!! Shoot what your comfortable with! Practice often, and your weapon will probably function as it was designed to do. I like Glocks because I'm lazy and some fool told me they were a good "lazy mans" gun! And I have yet to prove him wrong. But to say one platform is better than another is like saying red is better than blue, strictly a matter of opinion!! Ok, some fool froze a glock for years and figured out it would function after the fact! Torture test are fun and cool to read about but they really mean very little in the reality of life! I appreciate all gun owners and there opinions! The best gun is the one you believe in and are confident with. In almost all SD situations, you will need to be accurate and precise from about 10 yards in, I'm thinking a 1911 or glock will get the job done equally as well! People tend to blame guns for poor performance and even failures! But usually all problems can be traced to the man pulling the trigger, poor technique, poor care, poor advise and so on! Practice, educate and proper car. And the gun you choose is the right one. No matter what other people say.
This post should end the thread.

Bravo...

Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #229
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknloaded View Post
This post should end the thread.

Bravo...
I agree! ......

Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #230

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2038 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 6115

Quote:
No, I don't think everyone can agree. Presumptuous, I'd say

Quote:
You prefer a nice trigger? I'll drop an improved trigger in my Glock if I feel the need to.
You can make the 'lighter', but not necessarily better.

Quote:
That's cool, I think 'moles'

Quote:
I GARUNTEE you
You better not, I could be a minor.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread