I did not know glocks are as good... - Page 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

I own several handguns including 4 glocks (17,19, 21 & 27), beretta 92, sig 226, ruger sr9c & lc9 & sig mosquito......the only gun that I can recall having any issues with is the sig mosquito but I must say I shoot my glocks more than any of my other handguns just to see if I truly buy into the lure of glock & I must say I have never had an issue on 10's of thousands of rounds.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #212

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I find Glocks to be low mantaience, easy to clean, and they shoot as accurate as your aim! Is there better, fancier or prettier? You Bet!! But we can make that debate about any gun!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #213

Liked 927 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 576

Texaswoodworker, those are pretty cool animations. And, they easily explain how hollywood guns never run out of ammo!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #214

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If we took 100 Glocks and 100 1911s to the range and shot 10,000 rounds through them each, which one would perform better?

I think everyone can agree Glocks would have significantly less malfunctions.
Even if the 1911s were already "broken in" and even if you cleaned the 1911s after every 1,000 rounds and left the Glocks dirty, I'd still put my money on Glock (or sig or plenty other polymer guns out there).

Not to mention 1911 can be really picky with ammo and mags.

But ANYWAYS, I'm not trying to argue 1911s are bad guns. It's my FAVORITE pistol!
But I highly value reliability. Whether its firearms, optics, vehicles or condoms..

Glocks aren't "better". They are "different".
Better in their own ways and worse in their own ways.

But I must admit, the things that make the 1911 better than a Glock is all pretty much crap.
1911 fanboys (and I'm one of em) argue that they are prettier. So what?! That doesn't make it better.
They will argue that it is "more accurate"...99% of where the bullet hits is determined by the shooter, not the gun.
They will argue that the "trigger is better" and helps with accuracy...so what? You prefer a nice trigger? I'll drop an improved trigger in my Glock if I feel the need to.
Yes, a clean trigger helps with accuracy. In a situation where accuracy matters (defending your life) that trigger isn't going to mean a darned thing.
They'll argue that it just "fits and feels better"...that doesn't make it better. It's a preference. I prefer a bigger bulkier grip.

And that's it. That's pretty much all the "pros" to a 1911.
Non of which actually make it "better".
But I guess it's what you value in a firearm.
When I think of firearms I don't necessarily think of target shooting or a display case.
I think war, defending my life, chaos, without rule of law, etc.
And if you want a firearm for that sort of stuff I think any halfway intelligent person would agree that a Glock or a sig or plenty other pistols would be a far better choice.
If we gathered every firearms instructor and law enforcement agent and every man or woman that depends on a firearm to protect their life, I would bet that MOST of them would choose a Glock, Sig, etc., etc., before try chose a 1911 to protect themselves.
Do some of those people carry 1911s? Sure. But only a fraction of them.
Send a man to war and tell him he'll be in a firefight everyday with his pistol. Tell him he can choose ANY pistol in the WORLD. Then see how many of those guys chose a 1911.
Yeah, 1911s WERE the superior fighting pistol back in the day. Times change.

THERE! There's my rant against all the guys who's identity is SOOO stringy attached to their "sweet 1911"
Yeah it's pretty. I love em too.
Y'all privacy think I'm some Glock fanboy.
Sure. Just as much as I'm a 1911 fanboy. But I'll tell you that Glock is a better pistol every time. Unless you're goal is to look sexy or have fun at the range. CAN 1911s be great for self defense or war? OF COURSE! Are they the superior chose?! NOT EVEN A CHANCE!
Does our military still buy 1911s? Yes they do. They buy Colts that retail for about $2500.
Which still aren't as good of an option as other guns out there for a third the price.

There. I'm thinking pretty much any other rebuttals you may have for "1911s being a better gun" is pretty much shot down.

But YES. If your goal is to look cool and to make other jealous at the range then you'll win every time with a 1911.
But it's not "better".
Would a 1911 be a great choice for self defense, war, etc.? YES
But it is NOT the best option. And it's probably not even in the top 5. Maybe not even in the top 10.

Work at a range. Change your career to a firearms instructor, etc.. Watch THOUSANDS of firearms shoot THOUSANDS or rounds and keep track of all the malfunctions...
If there were equal amounts of Glock, 1911s, Sigs, Springfields, etc. etc.
I GARUNTEE you that the group of 1911s would have the most malfunctions.
I'm not talking YOUR 1911 vs MY sig.
I'm talking on average.
THOUSANDS of 1911s vs THOUSANDS of Sigs, Glocks, etc.

I'd like to end by saying this...
I'm picking up a Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 next week.
And I can't FREAKING wait! =]

Last edited by icallshotgun88; 09-03-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #215
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3020 Times on 2056 Posts
Likes Given: 639

Mazeltov. Now if you could use the spell check and possibly grasp some meaning of when to use punctuation we'd be ok.

Yesterday at my range I shot what could give every other handgun out there a run for its money: the CZ75 tactical sport.
Tightest group I have shot in almost 3 years(less then an inch at 10yds, under an inch and a half at 20yds) with ANY gun other then my Taurus 92 stainless match barrel.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 09-03-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Mazeltov. Now if you could use the spell check and possibly grasp some meaning of when to use punctuation we'd be ok.

Yesterday at my range I shot what could give every other handgun out there a run for its money: the CZ75 tactical sport.
Tightest group I have shot in almost 3 years(less then an inch at 10yds, under an inch and a half at 20yds) with ANY gun other then my Taurus 92 stainless match barrel.

Nothing worse then the Nazi Grammar Police!! Nothing!!

Old 09-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly
I own several handguns including 4 glocks (17,19, 21 & 27), beretta 92, sig 226, ruger sr9c & lc9 & sig mosquito......the only gun that I can recall having any issues with is the sig mosquito but I must say I shoot my glocks more than any of my other handguns just to see if I truly buy into the lure of glock & I must say I have never had an issue on 10's of thousands of rounds.
I rest my case, as to why I've chose Glocks! The work and they are as maintenance free as they come! With little care, they will likely last a life time and many others will as well! But none are as pretty as a black Glock.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #218

Liked 106 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88 View Post
If we took 100 Glocks and 100 1911s to the range and shot 10,000 rounds through them each, which one would perform better?

Even if the 1911s were already "broken in" and even if you cleaned the 1911s after every 1,000 rounds and left the Glocks dirty, I'd still put my money on Glock (or sig or plenty other polymer guns out there).

But ANYWAYS, I'm not trying to argue 1911s are bad guns. It's my FAVORITE pistol!
But I highly value reliability. Whether its firearms, optics, vehicles or condoms..

But I must admit, the things that make the 1911 better than a Glock is all pretty much crap.
1911 fanboys (and I'm one of em) argue that they are prettier. So what?! That doesn't make it better.
They will argue that it is "more accurate"...99% of where the bullet hits is determined by the shooter, not the gun.
They will argue that the "trigger is better" and helps with accuracy...so what? You prefer a nice trigger? I'll drop an improved trigger in my Glock if I feel the need to.
Yes, a clean trigger helps with accuracy. In a situation where accuracy matters (defending your life) that trigger isn't going to mean a darned thing.
They'll argue that it just "fits and feels better"...that doesn't make it better. It's a preference. I prefer a bigger bulkier grip.

When I think of firearms I don't necessarily think of target shooting or a display case.
And if you want a firearm for that sort of stuff I think any halfway intelligent person would agree that a Glock or a sig or plenty other pistols would be a far better choice.
If we gathered every firearms instructor and law enforcement agent and every man or woman that depends on a firearm to protect their life, I would bet that MOST of them would choose a Glock, Sig, etc., etc., before try chose a 1911 to protect themselves.
Send a man to war and tell him he'll be in a firefight everyday with his pistol. Tell him he can choose ANY pistol in the WORLD. Then see how many of those guys chose a 1911.

THERE! There's my rant against all the guys who's identity is SOOO stringy attached to their "sweet 1911"
Sure. Just as much as I'm a 1911 fanboy. But I'll tell you that Glock is a better pistol every time. Unless you're goal is to look sexy or have fun at the range. CAN 1911s be great for self defense or war? OF COURSE! Are they the superior chose?! NOT EVEN A CHANCE!
Does our military still buy 1911s? Yes they do. They buy Colts that retail for about $2500.
Which still aren't as good of an option as other guns out there for a third the price.

There. I'm thinking pretty much any other rebuttals you may have for "1911s being a better gun" is pretty much shot down.

But YES. If your goal is to look cool and to make other jealous at the range then you'll win every time with a 1911.
But it's not "better".
But it is NOT the best option. And it's probably not even in the top 5. Maybe not even in the top 10.

Work at a range. Change your career to a firearms instructor, etc.. Watch THOUSANDS of firearms shoot THOUSANDS or rounds and keep track of all the malfunctions...
I'm talking on average.

If you run out of ammo the 1911 makes a much better club! I used to be part of a group called the Friday night gun junkies that hung out after hours at The Shooters Shop in West Allis WI. We would go out in front of the partitions and draw from holsters and other stuff that we couldn't do with the shop open. The manager, a man named Russ let his Glock get away and it hit the floor, the rear sight broke off and the pistol became a pull back single shot. He sent it in and it came back with new sights and was still a single shot, after the second trip it was right. Moral of the story is carry what you like and stick a back up somewhere, Murphy is everywhere.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #219
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21204 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52918

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88 View Post

But it's not "better".

I'm talking on average.

do you have any idea as to how silly and ignorant that post is? seriously?

do you really even have one clue as to what you are talking about?

why not come back and post when you actually learn something or have some actual experiance with the subject at hand. most of your post is all over the place and just speaks volumes of your limited knowledge of firearms in general and pistols in particular.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #220

Liked 624 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 1610

image-721686540.jpg

Closed Thread