I did not know glocks are as good... - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #151
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1854 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 5539

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Sorry, I didn't know the Nazi Grammar police was trolling "firearms talk". I will try to do better, especially when I know they are on duty. Apologize again.
Thank you, it makes reading so much easier, also makes me feel I am communicating with an adult.

One correction, our Grammar Police are not Nazi, they are people, just like you.
They have a job to do, just like Butchers or Taxi Drivers.
grammar-police.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 08-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #152
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx View Post
Really? Glock more reliable than a p226?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknloaded View Post
I would say yes...
I've owned both, shot both a ton (including those that belonged to others).

The difference in functional reliability is so minimal that it's inconsequential and likely impossible to accurately define. Neither has ever failed me. The P226 has more finite grouping potential IMO...marginally. Between the two, the better gun is in fact going to be whichever best suits your hand, your budget, your control (safeties, etc) preferences.

Both will do the job. It's simply a question of which can perform better in your hands and within your budget. I have tremendous respect for both, but love neither...there happen to be other really good guns that perform more magnificently for me....again, FOR ME. That's sort of the key point.

Most $400+ pistols are plenty good. Beyond that, it primarily boils down to personal preference.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2032 Times on 1395 Posts
Likes Given: 772

My cousin is a self defense instructor for the highway patrol. He doesn't like double action guns of any kind that have no safety but he especially dislikes the glock because it lulls the user into a false sense of safety. When someone tries to disarm you your first instinct is clench or hang on to the gun. if your finger slides onto the trigger you are going to have a ND unless the gun has a manual safety. Any idiot can walk around a range and keep his finger off the trigger. But ratchet up the situation to life and death it's not so easy to keep your finger off the trigger. I am willing to bet 90% of civilian glock owners have never practiced drawing or hanging on to their glock in a struggle. I tried it and I wasn't pleased with the results. I consider myself to be someone who can take care of myself. I don't like it when someone proves that I would probably shoot myself in a struggle.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 08-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #154

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I have seen a Glock malfunction. I was at a competition with the Sheriffs Dept. I am not LE. I am with the Jail ministry. A guy was shooting a Glock and it went full auto. That could have been much worse than it was. He let go of the trigger and it kept shooting. Luckily he was a pretty seasoned shooter and kept it in a safe direction until it stopped. I believe it was a broken sear. Not sure. Just a guess. I could see that scaring a new shooter and someone getting hurt. I am not a Glock hater or lover. Just telling what I saw first hand.
Or he could have been doing his own gun smithing

Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #155
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
My cousin is a self defense instructor for the highway patrol. He doesn't like double action guns of any kind that have no safety but he especially dislikes the glock because it lulls the user into a false sense of safety. When someone tries to disarm you your first instinct is clench or hang on to the gun. if your finger slides onto the trigger you are going to have a ND unless the gun has a manual safety. Any idiot can walk around a range and keep his finger off the trigger. But ratchet up the situation to life and death it's not so easy to keep your finger off the trigger. I am willing to bet 90% of civilian glock owners have never practiced drawing or hanging on to their glock in a struggle. I tried it and I wasn't pleased with the results. I consider myself to be someone who can take care of myself. I don't like it when someone proves that I would probably shoot myself in a struggle.
If someone tries to disarm me I am going to pull the trigger on purpose. If someone tries to take your gun they are using lethal force and your life is in danger. You should shoot them if you can. Weapons retention is not a game.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-27-2013 at 06:18 PM.
CJx Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #156

Liked 1983 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknloaded View Post
Or he could have been doing his own gun smithing
No. He was not. His gun was bone stock.

I am not saying Glocks suck or anything like that. I am simply saying that any brand can fail.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Last edited by Rick1967; 08-27-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #157

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

Thank you, it makes reading so much easier, also makes me feel I am communicating with an adult.

One correction, our Grammar Police are not Nazi, they are people, just like you.
They have a job to do, just like Butchers or Taxi Drivers.
Ok since you want to go there!! Where in the rules does it say you have to use perfect Grammar to participate in the discussion? Lighten up a bit will you?? Your family will likely find you more pleasant to be around.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #158
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Ok since you want to go there!! Where in the rules does it say you have to use perfect Grammar to participate in the discussion? Lighten up a bit will you?? Your family will likely find you more pleasant to be around.
Another double exclamation point? Sir, step away from the keyboard and show me your hands!!

Aw crap!! Now you've got me doing it!! I'm gonna lose my commission over this!!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #159
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3862 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

What was this thread about again?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #160

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

Quote: