Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

I'll throw everybody in this thread for a loop,I'm a certified 1911 guy,have owned Dan Wessons and springfields and the like.

I carry a glock30sf? Why?

Mags are inexpensive

Gun is (relatively) inexpensive

Parts are inexpensive.

It holds 3 more rounds, and is as concealable as a 1911.

Will go boom everytime ( like all my 1911's have).

When you get pulled over a cop doesn't really care to look at it much (but he will viciously finger-bang your Dan Wesson valor).

It is surprisingly accurate.

Will feed anything you put in it,FMJ,HP,crayons.

Grip angle actually fits my hand and the double stack grip fills my bear mits. (Shoot a 1911 just as well though).

I seem to point shoot better with it than a 1911.

And most of all... If I drop it I won't cry,and if it breaks I can melt it down and make another!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #142

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

Sooooo, are you going to go out and bury all your guns? Those torture test are stupid! In what kind of normal everyday civilian situation will you find your firearm buried in dirt or frozen in a block of ice?
That's the point I'm making!! All guns can be considered reliable these days!! Some are a little more picky with ammo than others. The thing that set Glocks and few others apart is the torture test! I mean it is nice to know if you get a little dirt in your gun it's likely to perform flawlessly!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #143

Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx View Post

Really? Glock more reliable than a p226?
I did have 1 failure to feed once on the p226. I was like wtf. Both guns are awesome in my opinion.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #144
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
This is why they have attracted a large LE following. Though, without a LEO discount, they are overpriced (IMHO) when compared to some of their competitors.
I do not think of it as a "LE discount". LE pays what the gun is actualy worth. Civilians pay a Gaston, anti 2A premium.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #145

Liked 858 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Quote:
Is that an opinion or a requirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, there are rules for punctuation in the English language, They're there because it makes things easier to read. In addition, It makes you look smarter when you try to use them properly, and some of us will listen to you instead of blowing you off.....same thing goes for spelling and grammar. Not that EVERYTHING has to be perfect, God knows mine isn't, but an attempt at least is appreciated.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

Well, there are rules for punctuation in the English language, They're there because it makes things easier to read. In addition, It makes you look smarter when you try to use them properly, and some of us will listen to you instead of blowing you off.....same thing goes for spelling and grammar. Not that EVERYTHING has to be perfect, God knows mine isn't, but an attempt at least is appreciated.
Sorry, I didn't know the Nazi Grammar police was trolling "firearms talk". I will try to do better, especially when I know they are on duty. Apologize again.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #147

Liked 349 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Oh Boy! Another love/hate Glock thread!
People Like This 
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn
Oh Boy! Another love/hate Glock thread!
Everybody loves Glocks. The ones that claim they don't! Just want something to debate. Strange, how that covers about half the gun junkies of the world. EEEEEK

Old 08-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #149

Liked 1675 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

I have seen a Glock malfunction. I was at a competition with the Sheriffs Dept. I am not LE. I am with the Jail ministry. A guy was shooting a Glock and it went full auto. That could have been much worse than it was. He let go of the trigger and it kept shooting. Luckily he was a pretty seasoned shooter and kept it in a safe direction until it stopped. I believe it was a broken sear. Not sure. Just a guess. I could see that scaring a new shooter and someone getting hurt. I am not a Glock hater or lover. Just telling what I saw first hand.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I have seen a Glock malfunction. I was at a competition with the Sheriffs Dept. I am not LE. I am with the Jail ministry. A guy was shooting a Glock and it went full auto. That could have been much worse than it was. He let go of the trigger and it kept shooting. Luckily he was a pretty seasoned shooter and kept it in a safe direction until it stopped. I believe it was a broken sear. Not sure. Just a guess. I could see that scaring a new shooter and someone getting hurt. I am not a Glock hater or lover. Just telling what I saw first hand.
That's scary, and way worse than a FTF!! As good as they may be, they are mechanical and subject to fail! That's why it's a good idea not to love them to much , but respect them very much!! Not only Glocks but all firearms.

Closed Thread