I did not know glocks are as good... - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
These topics are just plain stupid!!! The people that dislike/hate will always dislike/hate and the people who like/love will always like/love!!! I love all my firearms I buy and I can shoot every single one of them. I don't cry about the grip angle or what ever else people cry about. I can shoot my GLOCK and then change over and shoot the 1911s with the same great accuracy.
Amen.................
rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22251 Times on 12465 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I find it very entertaining when you tell someone that a Glock is not the end-all be-all of handguns that they go out of their minds defending it. It's as if they belong to the Church of Glock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
It's the same thing when someone puts up an anti-religious pic.. The believers go out of their minds too. So, people should look at it in this mind frame. When someone attacks, people will defend.
no firearm can be an end all or be all firearm. it's just not possible. every firearm has good points and bad points. if that were true, there would only be one firearm that was made! we have many choices of styles and calibers.

personally, i want to own as many as i can and the more the better!
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

I'm with you there!!

Old 08-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknloaded View Post
I honestly only hear Glock leg brought up by people who tend to not carry a striker fired pistol.. Seems that people who carry one everyday would be better educated on the reality of this happening to a responsible gun owner.

It happens because they are not following any rules of safety. The same type of person that will shoot themselves with a Glock are the someone's likely to have a AD/ND with any firearm. They simply are not playing it safe
so you think it comes down to needing more training?

i agree that there is the possibilty of those that have had it happen to them, would be just as likely to have had it happen with any firearm.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #115
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3318 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Getting back into the posts! I want to go back and address TWD's question about the Glock 27. No there is nothing negative about the Model 27 40 Cal Glock Pistol. I have carried one for over 15 years as a back up and CCW. I do have the extended magazine (+1) Not just for the extra round but because I can not stand for my pinky finger to hang over any grip.
The second thought is after reading all of the posts on this thread I agree that what it boils down to is personal preference of weapon choice. And if you have never owned a specific model it is not a true and accurate statement if that particular model performs well for you or not. I happen to own several of the pistols mentioned and although I prefer some over others, each has their own good qualities and qualities I do not prefer. But regardless I shoot several models and I can not say that one is particularly more reliable than the others because I have experienced little if any problems with any of them. Taking into consideration proper cleaning, proper lubrication,quality magazines and quality ammunition. A lot of times it has nothing to do with the pistol only that the shooter does not follow the aforementioned guidelines. So the selection of the right pistol for the shooter equates to nothing more than personal preference and which one fits you anatomically the best. One thing I do like about the Glock (For Me!) Is since we were too young to speak we used our index finger to point at something when we wanted it. Since the Glock Bore is only less than one half inch above our natural finger point I have found that if with your shooting hand index finger extended and pointing down range at a target. All I have to do is insert the index trigger finger on to the trigger and fire and I will hit the target most every time. So I even though liking many other pistols I shoot it tactically as fast as any I have or have shot. This is a good thread and certainly in fairness some of us have owned or driven Chevrolets and Fords but we do not all like Chevrolets either! But both of them will get us to work equally as well

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #116

Liked 161 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:

no firearm can be an end all or be all firearm. it's just not possible. every firearm has good points and bad points. if that were true, there would only be one firearm that was made! we have many choices of styles and calibers.

I thought that way for the longest!! And can respect people that do!! But for my personal needs!! I own two and don't have the money or the desire to buy more!! Guns are all about a tool to protect myself!! I'm satisfied with my choices!! That's just me though!! Don't stone me to bad for my opinion!!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #117

Quote:

so you think it comes down to needing more training?

i agree that there is the possibilty of those that have had it happen to them, would be just as likely to have had it happen with any firearm.
I guess I always feel more training is advised but alot of it is common sense. Even they very first time I picked up a firearm I knew what it was capable of and I knew I did not want to harm myself or anybody else so safe handling was going to be needed.

So I guess I fall on the common sense side and training.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I thought that way for the longest!! And can respect people that do!! But for my personal needs!! I own two and don't have the money or the desire to buy more!! Guns are all about a tool to protect myself!! I'm satisfied with my choices!! That's just me though!! Don't stone me to bad for my opinion!!
i can understand and respect that. not everyone views firearms the same. some do only view them as tools that serve a very specific purpose, just like any other tool.

firearms for me are tools as well, but also a part of my lifestyle and heritage. they are something i enjoy quite a lot. i enjoy many different aspects of firearms, from owning and shooting them, to reloading and working on them.

i know people from both sides of this and believe that a person should own firearms for whatever reason they feel the need for. whether it's simply a tool for defensive purposes or a lifestyle from the enjoyment of firearms.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknloaded View Post
I guess I always feel more training is advised but alot of it is common sense. Even they very first time I picked up a firearm I knew what it was capable of and I knew I did not want to harm myself or anybody else so safe handling was going to be needed.

So I guess I fall on the common sense side and training.
i can agree with that. i also think the training needs to fit the platform of pistol used too. the training needed for a 1911 would IMO be somewhat different than that used for a Glock. maybe people need to seek training in specific platform of pistol along with general rules of use as well.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
Once you go Glock you never go back.
This is simply not true.

Look, Glocks are fine. They're light, simple, and reliable guns that can stand up to extensive use and abuse. They're also plenty accurate for their designed purpose. These are absolute facts. Glock offers a simple and ultra-reliable gun that just plain works. And their accessories are abundant and easily acquired, which is in fact a ligitimate attribute.

They're just not necessarily 'the standard' by which all others are measured. And that's where people on boards such as this roll their eyes at the Glock 'fanboys'. I have two Glocks, which means they comprise about 10% of my handguns. The grip angle/resulting sight picture can be a little annoying and I don't love the feel...but there's no denying that they're equal to whatever task I ask of them and they hit where I aim (once I sort out that sight picture or simply point-fire). Are they my best guns? Nope. Not even close. They're not even amongst the better half. But they're easily good enough, and I have absolute faith in their function. It just so happens that I could easily state the same about all of my other pistols.

Glock offers a good handgun with a number of attributes to respect at a fair price in my opinion. It's the basic 'one size fits most' gun for the masses. Personally, I'll pay an extra $100 for XDm (personal preferences, nothing more). And I consider M&P, FN, and various other similar polymers to be on par with Glock. Buy what fits you. If that's Glock, have at it. Glock is plenty good. I wouldn't deter anyone from looking at a Glock...but I would recommend keeping a number of other doors open as well in selection process.

I think a G23 (with 9mm and 357sig conversion barrels) is one of the most versatile setups out there for under $800. That can work for economical range, carry, HD, woods gun in most of the U.S., etc. And that's why one of my Glocks is that exact setup.

Glock is simply one of many viable options.

Last edited by sweeper22; 08-25-2013 at 05:02 PM.
People Like This 
Closed Thread