I did not know glocks are as good... - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > I did not know glocks are as good...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 467 Times on 259 Posts

I'm going to solve all of this "glock leg" stuff . Everyone say it with me....

Keep your booger picker off the bang switch!

Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #102
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
haha! this is really grasping for straws...ive pulled my pistol out of its holster thousands of times timed and not timed and this has not ever been an issue.
can you give an account of a shirt tangling in a trigger and causeing a discharge.
and another thing if this is an issue with glock than it should also be an issue with any revolver espacially hammerless.
in all fairness, maybe some people are using such examples of as excuses for ND/AD occurences. i can see this possibly happening to someone who conceals a Glock, but not a regular LEO who carries on a duty belt.

lots of people do carry Glocks with no problems and don't have any ND/AD occurences. but some do. honestly what is causing these to happen? i know, people putting their finger on the trigger. but why are they? poor training? improper holster? other things?

the Glock has in some ways gotten a bad rap for this, and hence the term, "Glock Leg" seriously, how about as responsible gun owners we try and identify the why and how it happens, and address it, and help others overcome this problem.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #103

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx
Ever since I took interest in guns, I always thought that Glocks were low quality weapons that malfunctioned frequently and were made cheaply out of cheap parts. Of course I did not do any research on them just heard that they were largely plastic and heard of some jam issues with them.

Now that I have actually been researching Glocks, I like them more and more with every user account i read or video i watch. I actually think Glocks are very good looking guns, and I had no idea of their reputation as a quality, reliable firearm.

Basically, I did not knows Glocks are as good as they are Did anyone else have the presumed opinion that Glocks were low quality like I did? And if you own a Glock, how would you rate your experience with it?
I've owned Smiths, Rugers of all types and they all turned into half plastic black globs!! Nothing against any other makes, but I like simple, easy and maintenance free!! And for my personal need I was convinced that a couple of Glocks would serve any need I might have!! They aren't pretty, but they work and they shoot as well as your aim!! And pleasantly I might add

Old 08-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #104

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

These topics are just plain stupid!!! The people that dislike/hate will always dislike/hate and the people who like/love will always like/love!!! I love all my firearms I buy and I can shoot every single one of them. I don't cry about the grip angle or what ever else people cry about. I can shoot my GLOCK and then change over and shoot the 1911s with the same great accuracy.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #105
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2169 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 786

I find it very entertaining when you tell someone that a Glock is not the end-all be-all of handguns that they go out of their minds defending it. It's as if they belong to the Church of Glock.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #106
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
These topics are just plain stupid!!! The people that dislike/hate will always dislike/hate and the people who like/love will always like/love!!! I love all my firearms I buy and I can shoot every single one of them. I don't cry about the grip angle or what ever else people cry about. I can shoot my GLOCK and then change over and shoot the 1911s with the same great accuracy.
i agree for the most part. switching one one pistol is not that big a deal for people who shoot quite a bit or that own many different types of pistols. but this could be a problem for a new to pistols shooter or the beginning shooter.

personally, i have shot Glocks and i can adapt and shoot them quite well and accurately, but i do prefer the grip angle of the XDm over the Glock. like i have said in the past, i would also buy a Glock at the right price if one came along at the right time.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #107

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I don't find them to be stupid!! Let the man rave about his new found love-

Old 08-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #108

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

They work great in most instances, just get a little tricky once your shooting past 50 yards. And out past 75 yards that 8 inch plate seems smaller than the front sight post.
I imagine! I personally have no need to engage a target at those distances with a pistol so they are perfect for me.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #109

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
I find it very entertaining when you tell someone that a Glock is not the end-all be-all of handguns that they go out of their minds defending it. It's as if they belong to the Church of Glock.
It's the same thing when someone puts up an anti-religious pic.. The believers go out of their minds too. So, people should look at it in this mind frame. When someone attacks, people will defend.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #110

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

in all fairness, maybe some people are using such examples of as excuses for ND/AD occurences. i can see this possibly happening to someone who conceals a Glock, but not a regular LEO who carries on a duty belt.

lots of people do carry Glocks with no problems and don't have any ND/AD occurences. but some do. honestly what is causing these to happen? i know, people putting their finger on the trigger. but why are they? poor training? improper holster? other things?

the Glock has in some ways gotten a bad rap for this, and hence the term, "Glock Leg" seriously, how about as responsible gun owners we try and identify the why and how it happens, and address it, and help others overcome this problem.
I honestly only hear Glock leg brought up by people who tend to not carry a striker fired pistol.. Seems that people who carry one everyday would be better educated on the reality of this happening to a responsible gun owner.

It happens because they are not following any rules of safety. The same type of person that will shoot themselves with a Glock are the someone's likely to have a AD/ND with any firearm. They simply are not playing it safe

Closed Thread