How many Glocks do you have? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How many Glocks do you have?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Not a one

Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 AM   #32

Just one, a G27.
I was never a big fan of plastic.
(not including my girlfriends boobjob )
However, I hate it when the government tells me I can't have something anymore. When the law changed here in Mass back in 98', Glocks were banned (along with hundreds of others guns) because they didn't comply with the AG's new "consumer protection regulations". The ban only applies to those built after 10/98 and they had to have been registered in Mass prior to that. So that means that no pre 10/98 guns can be brought in from out-of-state and sold here. But, if someone has one that's been "grandfathered", it is legal for resale ...........usually at a HUGE premium. So all the Glocks in Mass are at least 9 years old now, except the ones carried by Law Enforcement. It's still OK for them to have new guns that are deemed by the state to be too dangerous for us mere peons to own
Anyway, shortly after the law went into effect, I went to a gun show and found a "legal" G27 for sale. I bought it on the spot for $475 w/2 mags.
The dealer told me had just taken it in trade about 15 minutes earlier. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time Anyway, I perused the rest of the show and found only one other G27 for sale, and that guy wanted $600 for it! (which I'm sure he got) So basically, I didn't want to become a Glock owner, but the state of Massachusetts forced me to buy one
As a side note, I did grow to like it, and I got an aftermarket KKM barrel for it with a fully supported chamber and conventional rifling, so I can shoot my lead reloads. It has even become my favorite Winter carry gun when I'm wearing a jacket. But if I could legally purchase a new Glock, I probably wouldn't. I'd like to get an XD, but those aren't Mass compliant either.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default How many Glocks?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

How many GLOCKS? NONE! I've owned a few, sold a few on consingment, a Glock 19 and a Glock 17, tried a fellows glock 26 and 27, never did like the Feel, or look of them! Did they function 100%, YUP, did I buy more, NOPE! I'm "OLD SCHOOL", I prefer metal in my firearms and a lot of it! LOL I have always thought Browning's 1911 design and his BHP design were tops and see little to change that opinion? Just my .02's and your milage might differ?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
How many GLOCKS? NONE! I've owned a few, sold a few on consingment, a Glock 19 and a Glock 17, tried a fellows glock 26 and 27, never did like the Feel, or look of them! Did they function 100%, YUP, did I buy more, NOPE! I'm "OLD SCHOOL", I prefer metal in my firearms and a lot of it! LOL I have always thought Browning's 1911 design and his BHP design were tops and see little to change that opinion? Just my .02's and your milage might differ?
That would be a big double goose egg in my house. Not a one.

I have to say Ron is on point and we shop at the same stores. I have never understood the hype around the Glock, though I blame Renny Harlin ( Director of Die Hard II ) for alot of it. Stupid line about it being a porcelian gun, designed to pass through metal detectors, spoken by Bruce Willis and suddenly the damn things were EVERYWHERE.

To be fair, this is a great weapon for the masses. You don't have to clean it, it's extremely simple to use and it will go bang everytime you pull the trigger. If that is the end result of your needs from a firearm, then this is the perfect, low cost weapon for you.

For me, John Moses Browning developed two of the best semi automatic handguns in the Browning Hi Power and the 1911. I have owned both and I currently own several 1911's because they are solid, dependable, reliable and one hell of a nice piece.

As for the Glock, come and see me in another 74 years when the model 17 has reached 100 years of active military service. Note: "Military service" is defined by the Glock 17 being chosen stand sidearm in 1982 of the Austrian military.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #35

Default Just 4

I've got models 22, 26, 30, and 21SF. They're ugly as He$$, but they're a great tool. They could use a trigger pull more like the XD.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 AM   #36

Two G19's and thinking of buying two more before elections. With the way things are headed we better get everything we may need before its to late.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 AM   #37

I have three. They all belong to my Boss, but are issued to me. Two Glock 22's, and one 27. Lots of mags

Old 05-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #38

Three here, I've had a G-27 for 12 years or so.That's been my primary carry gun through the years. My wife's late husband had G-22 which I believe is still unfired.Recently I bought a G-30 which will become my new carry gun once it's put through the paces.
My little G-27 hasn't had but a few boxes put through it over the years but has never had a malfunction.There's nothing fancy about a Glock but they do what they were designed to do.My G-27 & G-30 both wear Trijicon Night Sights.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #39

Gezz I forgot I had a G-26 for several years.When the Baby Glock's first came out the G-27 were few and far between.I got a G-26 until I got ahold of the little 27.I wanted a little more umph then a 9mm.Some years later I traded it in on a Sig M- P245.The SIG is now a discontinued model so it's been put away for safe keepings.
There again the G-26 fuctioned flawlessly.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #40

G26 with Internal Lasermax & G19....both are great. Glock is a must for me, I have a very Disabled right Arm & Hand. I can pick up G26 or G19 with left hand & just go Bang Bang. The simpilicty is what makes Glock the champion of ALL. Period

USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) I-Corp DMZ "Leatherneck square"